How much peanut butter is too much peanut butter??

Options
13»

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    The only issue with peanut butter is that it can be problematic to track. What most people count a 2tbs is usually much more. (If you have a digital scale, weigh out what you believe to be 2tbs and compare it to the nutrition label --- you'll most likely find that it's more than you think).
    I eat it right out of my measuring spoon... and then go back for more...I even double dip because hey--it's my jar of peanut butter. Touch it, and you may lose a finger. It's MY YUMMY!

Exactly THIS!
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel better about the daily average of 4T I eat, sometimes more. I don't care; the little to go cups are a life saver for a snack when I am swamped in clinical or in my 6 + hr lectures.
    'To go cups'?!? Where do I find these?!?
  • helenneal
    helenneal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thet reckon no more than a table spoon:happy:
  • helenneal
    helenneal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i love it on crumpets yum yum:love:
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    I live in New Zealand and people just DON'T east peanut butter here, you put it on toast in the morning and that's pretty much it (apart from the odd person) I feel bad even eating it on toast

Wow! I guess everyone else must be crazy!! LOL I couldn't live without it! I LOVE it straight out of the jar!
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I transferred my chocolate addiction to peanut butter. My diary is riddled with pb entries usually at snacks.

Apples n pb omg heaven
    grahams and pb they call my name

Swear pb is the only thing that keeps me sane through all this changing of diet stuff.

this is an awesome recipe for apples ... I kind of morphed the recipe a bit so that I was making 1/2 a cup of yogurt with a few tbsp of pb and spiced to taste so that I could have it in the fridge ready for my apple n pb cravings. I would use maybe 2-3 tbsp like pb but it has way less calories in it with still the same pb flavoring. Recommend playing with it and having fun.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Calorie-Peanut-Butter-Snack-Made-Apples-Greek-Yogurt-22181698
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel better about the daily average of 4T I eat, sometimes more. I don't care; the little to go cups are a life saver for a snack when I am swamped in clinical or in my 6 + hr lectures.

:) Jif makes them; I even found them in the chocolate peanut butter which I never knew existed. They're probably about 2 1/2-3T a cup. Comes in a box of 8. I get them at my local grocery store Meijer or Giant Eagle.
  • madziorek
    madziorek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In vegetarian diet you substitute serving of meet with 2 tbsp of peanut butter.

Try spreading that over rice cake. When I have it like that I never had more than 2, and the texture is really interesting.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I think more than half the jar would be pushing it.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    if your tongue is stuck to the roof of your mouth, then it is time to stop
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

http://www.amazon.com/Skippy-Peanut-Butter-Cup-0-5-Ounce/dp/B0025UNP3W/ref=dp_cp_ob_gro_title_0

http://www.amazon.com/Jif-Creamy-Peanut-Butter-single/dp/B003XNWBYY/ref=dp_cp_ob_gro_title_2
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Europe from the states and Peanut Butter is one of the things I have people mail me.... I love it... never to much :)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm a pb on apple fan too. I slice my apple and have it with a spoon of pb that I spread over. Also good to add to cottage cheese and also natural yoghurt! Yummo.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Europe from the states and Peanut Butter is one of the things I have people mail me.... I love it... never to much :)
    You have to get it mailed?!? You mean to say you can't buy it there..............?!? Wow that must be harsh, especially if you run out!!!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was eating peanut butter yesterday, and just thinking, gahhh.. Sooo gooood... Then I realized it was almost 3,000 calories for the whole jar, and thought how easily I could eat the whole thing.
    *Sigh*
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have to get it mailed?!? You mean to say you can't buy it there..............?!? Wow that must be harsh, especially if you run out!!!

They have it here but I have been warned that it does not taste nearly the same as in the States. From what I have noticed they just try to make everything healthier here. I did have some family mail me some and when I go home i will probably bring some back in my suitcase.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i say no more than u can carry with one arm a day.... expert medical advice!!! (not)