Question for all the mommies out there!

Options
So my question is, is it possible to lose the pooch that hangs out from your lower abdomen? And I know there is a difference between a 'pooch' and 'extra skin', but here is why I am asking: A co-worker of mine, who has had 2 kiddos and preg. with her 3rd, was telling me that her doc said if she has any more kids, it will be impossible to lose the pooch - that she would have to have a tummy tuck if she wanted to get rid of it. I have had 4 kids! Part of my motivation for all this work is to lose the belly bulge and have a flatter stomach and abs to show for all the work I'm putting in. I suppose there are many other factors to consider, like how big you get during pregnancy, etc. - this girl is 3 or 4 inches taller than me, but she's always been thin - she runs miles and miles to stay that way. Anyway, I guess I'm looking for mommas that have had success to offer up some encouragement! I was pretty discouraged after the conversation we had at work, thinking no matter what I did I would just be stuck with this pooch for life. Thanks for the help everyone - much appreciated!

Replies

• lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    It's definitely possible to lose the pooch. The extra skin after weight loss/multiple pregnancies is what usually leads to tummy tucks. If you're looking to lose the pooch, concentrating on your core is your best bet. Planks & reverse crunches are great for that :-)
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I definitely agree! In the 18 I've lost my stomach was the first to flatten out but I can still see the extra skin. A lot of the flattening was during my Core Fusion class which is pure plank based punishment. But I love it!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible (I have had 6 children). Lower Bodyfat and core work.
  • joanne51971
    Options
    hello
    im 40 and i have had 5 kids, well been preggie 4 times as i have twins!! i have been watching my cals for just over a month now and i have lost 10lbs but i do alot of jogging and walking, my lower abs have gone down a bit but i still got to lose the pooch a bit more!! i really do believe that it is possible to lose it and have a nice stomach! dont lose hope or the motivation IT WILL GO!!, but it will take time and dedication!!
    i am going to start doing some core work soon to work on it a bit more,
    good luck and keep with it!! :flowerforyou:
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Much needed today!
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    yes you can lose it. probably wont be as flat as you want it but if you work hard.. you'll get there. i lost some of my pooch and would share my pictures but i dont know how to post on here. anyone know how to so i can share my pictures?
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    i
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes you can lose it. probably wont be as flat as you want it but if you work hard.. you'll get there. i lost some of my pooch and would share my pictures but i dont know how to post on here. anyone know how to so i can share my pictures?

Sorry, not sure how - but would be good to know for future reference!!!