Intake of Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would also strongly recommend that you have a handful or so of nuts both before and after you exercise. If you're doing high intensity work, you're not going to want to eat those nuts after you exercise, but you should pretty much force yourself to do so.
    Why..............??
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Reference for later, cheers.
  • stolendestiny
    Options
    Dude, you should be eating way more than that amount of calories, you are not sedentary and you are male. I am a 5'4'' female and my Net is higher than yours. You should be more like 1600 or higher at minimum.
    Actually, mfp says my net should be 1270. I normally net about 600, that is after 2000 calories of food intake and 1400 cals of exercise. I don't end up feeling starved and feel quite active on the contrary.

My net protein intake, including nuts would not go over 80 gms most of the time (Vegetarian Diet). One scoop of whey protein of certain brands give about 25gms of protein. I was thinking of going for two scoops in order to make up for the deficient quantity but have been told that that much of whey protein cannot actually be used up by the body as I am not doing very heavy strength training. Should I consume like 1 scoop of whey protein and 1 scoop of casein?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Dude, you should be eating way more than that amount of calories, you are not sedentary and you are male. I am a 5'4'' female and my Net is higher than yours. You should be more like 1600 or higher at minimum.
    Actually, mfp says my net should be 1270. I normally net about 600, that is after 2000 calories of food intake and 1400 cals of exercise. I don't end up feeling starved and feel quite active on the contrary.

My net protein intake, including nuts would not go over 80 gms most of the time (Vegetarian Diet). One scoop of whey protein of certain brands give about 25gms of protein. I was thinking of going for two scoops in order to make up for the deficient quantity but have been told that that much of whey protein cannot actually be used up by the body as I am not doing very heavy strength training. Should I consume like 1 scoop of whey protein and 1 scoop of casein?

That's crazy. Just because the "dumb" tool lets you set a low intake, doesn't mean it's right. For a man, the minimum recommendation to lose weight is 1800 calories. Net.

You probably set your goal to "Lose two pounds week". You even admit you are eating under your BMR by a lot. Use the site as it is set up. Don't over-think this. Re-evaluate in a month. In the meantime, educate yourself. There are lots of conflicting ways to figure your calories. This site does a good job if you use it honestly and don't be too aggressive.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

You should not be set at such an aggressive deficit.

And eat back those exercise calories. Eat more protein and fat. Set your custom goals to 40Carbs/30Fat/30Protein http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom and make sure you get all your protein and fat first, then fill in with carbs.