need answers, scale is deceiving

Options
i have been using my fitness pal for just over a month now. I have been at or under my calorie goal everyday. i get my workouts in each week. i have had a problem for the past 2 months=losing ZERO weight. my clothes are barely fitting, but the scale doesnt budge. I'm going absolutely crazy over this. i know its possible im gaining muscle but seriously cant be that much??? what am i suppose to do?

Replies

• trachnurse
    trachnurse Posts: 51
    Options
    Try measuring yourself, that is a better measure of what is happening. Usually if you measure every couple of weeks or monthly you will see the difference that way even if the scale isn't moving. Good luck!
  • JosieMars
    JosieMars Posts: 6
    Options
    Might be a combination of muscle and water weight gain? That in combination with losing weight could keep you at about the same weight :)
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i just know it hit me hard.. i am really upset. i feel like giving up. but that really isnt an option. i cant go back to being unhealthy , infact i dont even want to. i am just discouraged. ive never had such a problem with losing weight.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining muscle on a calorie deficit, it's most likely water.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    sometimes you lose inches before you lose weight. I say really watch ya foods not just the calories but the specific foods. Also increase your water intake. Lastly spice up your workouts with some intense cardio. Hope this helps.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Are you switching up the foods you eat and the exercise you do? Do you eat your exercise calories? What is your daily calorie goal?
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Make a measure tape your new best friend. I "stalled" for a month according to the scale, but had lost a total of a FOOT inch wise. Now if I "stick" on the scale for more than 2 weeks, I grab the tape and know that it's just not true. Good luck to you! And try not to let it get you too down. :flowerforyou:
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    it took me FOREVER to drop 3 pounds... but I measure often...I started with a pair of super skin tight jeans that would zip...now i can zip them up and they aren't as tight as they used to be - but I'm not wearing them out in public yet - but I'm going to keep working on it! Keep up the good work!
  • missallenxox
    Options
    i think i eat pretty good. i cant say perfect, when i do eat poorly i am still under my calories-i will either workout or only eat a small amount. i do different types of workouts. i spend a lot of time hiking- i would say intense with hills as its a ski hill basically, and do small day trips into the woods/mountain. i have done intervals at the track as well. or running ont he tredmill with a mix of circuit training, cable machine squat,lunge and sumo squat combos especially! the days i dont have a good workout i make it a goal to atleast walk my dog for half an hour.

I can admit drinking enough water has been hard for me. today i am doing good, but some days i struggle with it. i take fish oil, vitamins, B2, l carnitine, and started taking apple cidar vinegar (i have bloating issues was told this may help )
  • missallenxox
    Options
    Make a measure tape your new best friend. I "stalled" for a month according to the scale, but had lost a total of a FOOT inch wise. Now if I "stick" on the scale for more than 2 weeks, I grab the tape and know that it's just not true. Good luck to you! And try not to let it get you too down. :flowerforyou:
    wow thats crazy.. i know 3 months ago i had only lost 4lbs but lost about 2 inches everywhere except my stomach!
  • missallenxox
    Options
    oh yes, and my daily caloric goal is set at 1370
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    try changing your macros so you have a smaller % of your diet coming from carbs. I only lost 7 pounds in 3 months, then I lowered my net carbs and lost 9 pounds in one month! Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber...

...also, watch your sodium intake, and make sure you drink your water!