Whats your motivation?

Options
So I've had a really tough time keeping with a work out routine because I get bored easily and sometimes I lose all motivation to do it because my laziness kicks in. The main motivation I have is to look and feel better but sometimes thats not enough. What motivates you?

Replies

• geronimokennels
    Options
    Planning a sailing trip in the British Virgin Isles. Turning this lake body into a beach body.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Well it changes over the years when I started May 2008 with a B/P of 220/110 it was to not have a stroke and die so I walked a little swam a little did what I could to help my weight loss Now I want to run a 10K with my daughter she is on the west coast and we almost got it scheduled this year but didnt get it done I needed the extra time to keep improving the motivation is to improve my fitness day by day it just makes me feel better the aches and muscle pain aside
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I just went through my closet and got rid of all my bigger clothes, so seeing smaller clothes hanging there is huge motivation. My kids motivate me because I want to be the best I can for them and just the self esteem that I feel coming back is huge motivation for me.

There are days when I feel like doing nothing, that's when I get my friends on here to kick my butt into gear, it works.
  • fuck3you4LL
    Options
    - the fact that am 31 year old and never have a boyfriend in my life, so something has to change
    - am prediabetic and most of my family member died of diabetes, including my father
    - am just bored being fat all my life. and when you're in your 30s, ppl start take pity on you.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Being overweight all my life. I want a taste of how it's like to be healthy for once!
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses guys! I'm hoping I get more motivation through people on here because no one I personally know helps alot because they don't think I need to lose the weight, but I want to to feel more confident.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I need to stay active or my allergies flare up. I'm allergic to excuses. :-)
    Kidding aside I used to have diabetes type 2. I was taking a bunch of meds. As I became more active it got better and have been diabetes and meds free for over a 1 year and 7 months now. I can easily get it again if I go back to my old habits.
  • fanakar
    fanakar Posts: 23
    Options
    I had several motivations. There is a lot of inherent discrimination in medical insurance due to weight because of speculation about future health issues. At my previous weight, I would have had to pay higher premiums though I do not have any health issues. A few years ago, I hurt my ankle and I have some chronic pain associated with that, so I thought weight loss might help that. Also, I'm wanting to branch out into different clothes. There is a marginalization of plus sized people to certain silhouettes and colors and stores and designers seem completely inept at picking/creating pieces that are wearable. I admittedly do have a lot of clothes though. But, I want more. Also, I really like playing video games and I thought about how sad I would be if I went blind due to some retinopathy associated with an obesity related disease and I couldn't play them anymore.

Think of the specific things that you want to achieve with weight loss. If that doesn't help then think of the worst possible consequence of NOT losing the weight. Then get on the treadmill and run away from that thought.
  • etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    My motivation is that most of the both sides of my family are overweight, diabetic, and unhappy being that way. I dont want to turn into that, when its harder to lose the weight when i get older. My other inspiration is that i want to walk into a room and feel confident that people are looking at me for good reasons (:
  • katkel52
    katkel52 Posts: 4
    Options
    i read an sign somewhere that said 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'. i am also done talking about diets instead of doing it!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Putting on my work out clothes. If I don't want to work out, I just get dressed and then something clicks and I want to go to the gym.
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    the dress my best friend/soulmate's mother bought me. It's beautiful, but I need to tone up to wear it right :)
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i read an sign somewhere that said 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'. i am also done talking about diets instead of doing it!

This!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My health, live longer, and I want to bang longer:tongue::flowerforyou:
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My coworkers and I started a fitness challenge. We each put in 40 dollars, and whoever loses the most weight by July 1st gets all the money in the pot, which is $200. It's a pretty big motivator. We decided to do it for two months, with everyone having a one month weigh in to check in and see how we're doing. Can't wait to spend my $200 on new clothes for my new shape!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    One thing for me is definitely is the fact that I have so many clothes and I would like to have my bedroom back....I have sizes from 4 all the way up to 16 b/c I have fluctuated between 120lbs - 170lbs in recent years and am scared to throw anything away....Once I lose this time (b/c I am doing a lifestyle change - not a diet) I will keep it off and I can FINALLY get rid of ALL of my 2 digits size clothes - I CANNOT wait!!!

BUT my main motivating factor really is b/c I am almost 40 and I have a 3yr old son...His father passed last year and I am all that my son has...I want to make sure that I am here to raise him and protect him....I have to lose this weight to LIVE for both of my boys but I want to teach my 3yr old to live healthy as well....My 19yr old is very healthy and strong thank goodness...He also has me and his daddy...But my little one only has me and I intend to be here for him for as long as he needs me!!! That is my motivation...
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What keeps my butt pushing and moving on is purely revenge, and seeing a certain someone's face drop after seeing what they lost!!
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options

BUT my main motivating factor really is b/c I am almost 40 and I have a 3yr old son...His father passed last year and I am all that my son has...I want to make sure that I am here to raise him and protect him....I have to lose this weight to LIVE for both of my boys but I want to teach my 3yr old to live healthy as well....My 19yr old is very healthy and strong thank goodness...He also has me and his daddy...But my little one only has me and I intend to be here for him for as long as he needs me!!! That is my motivation...

I love this! As a child of a mother who had no regard for her own health for the sake of her children (and died at 54, when my brother and I were 13), I love this.
  • HHS93
    HHS93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing recently.. I keep thinking "oh I'll start it again hardcore next week.." (there's been about 3 next weeks..)

I've been feeling better though because I started a fashion blog which is helping my confidence and I'd say that thi shas become my motivation.. check it out, it might motivate you :) (http://getmeoutmymind.blogspot.co.uk) If not, do what I'm doing and take a picture everyday! VERY motivating for me because I want them to look nice (there's photographic evidence if not!)
  • DemOniC_PT
    DemOniC_PT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First i would like to say that i’m not overweight and i don’t have any health problems, so what motivates me to workout?
    I was always more in the skinny side and around 3 years ago i decided to get myself in the gym to put some weight.
    In the first months i didn't felt any motivation and i struggled to go 2 times per week. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves there and i didn't understand why.. How can one enjoy getting tired and feel like it was run over by a truck.. I started to think about quitting.
    But after 2 months of going, i started to notice the gains, wanting to become stronger and lifting more weight, i started to enjoy it too, it became like a game, the objective was to always improve myself, and that’s what motivates me now. 3 years had passed and if i measure the improvements i made from day one to now... instant motivation right there!!
    I'm feeling better with myself, more confident, and the gym became another of my daily routines, i usually go for 4 or 5 days a week, every week, and feel bad with myself if i don’t go.
    People always want the quick results, to go there and be changed the next day, that’s not possible, just give it time, try to make your workout a part of your daily activities, your time alone, use it to kill the stress, forget your problems, kids, partner, job, it’s just you working to better yourself.
    If you don't do it for yourself, who will?
    Yes sometimes its difficult to leave the house, YouTube is full of motivation videos, watch one before you live, listen to your favorite song, search the net for pictures of that guy/girl you always wanted to become.. we actually got it easy now days….