Is this loose skin or fat?

Options
I had my daughter about 4 months ago, was left with this.
I really hope it's just fat cause I can do something about it, with a lot of hard work I know..
Or .. is this loose skin? am I forever stuck with this hang on my belly? :/

mehhh001.jpg

11st7290412-1.jpg

Sorry for the scary large-ness by the way.

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to know without feeling it. Have a doctor take a look at it. If they can pick it up, move it around, and squeeze it without feeling fat cells, it's skin. It will feel like an empty bag. If it has a certain percentage of fat cells in it, they can't simply remove it.

I can't remember what the percentage has to be, so check with your doctor. If it's rubbing raw and getting in your way, you may qualify for skin removal surgery.

The fact that it's kind of puffy (I can see it more in the profile shot) makes me think it's leftover baby weight.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    It's still quite soon after having your baby, I would give it plenty of time to shrink up on it's own. If it does'nt improve after that talk to your doctor about it. If you are planning a bigger family, there is not much point having surgery to remove the excess. It does get better, I promise, I've had three babies and my tummy went back pretty well, although I still have stretch marks...they do fade. : )
  • mariaj1979
    mariaj1979 Posts: 31
    Options
    My belly is like that, mine is loose skin :(
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I have a set of twins and two single births. It never completely goes away. Kinda like a balloon that's been blown up and deflated. Some women have more than others.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I think ull lose most of it. After my last child I looked 5-6 months prego till she was about 4 months just give it time. It's been 8 months a d u can't even tell I had a(second) baby!! Have hope!!!