20lbs to lose! Want to meet some friends

:smile: Hey, I'm new to myfitnesspal but. It looks really great! I'm really desperate to lose some weight! I did it before about a year ago but it has went back on as I've just been eating and drinking to much! Any advice or tips! I would like o do it in 2 months, is tht achievable, :love:

Replies

• koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Quite achievable, just stick to low intensity cardio, and keep under or at your calorie goal, if your trying to lose weight, being healthy and building and maintaining muscle is a different matter :)
  • Omegame12
    Omegame12 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks by low intensity cardio do you mean going at an average speed for a longer duration as opposed to going fast for a short time! I hope I can do it in time for the nd of summer:smile:
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lobliner24.htm

This Article should explain it pretty well better than i can type lol, good luck on your goals and add me as a friend if you like :)
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm also looking for friends and to lose around 20. Have you set any short term goals? I think I work better if I have minor goals that add up to big ones :)
  • Omegame12
    Omegame12 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey I actually weighed myself and it is closer to 28lbs to lose. Im really disappionted. I have gained 20lbs in a year taking me from 10 stone to 11 stone 13lbs. This is due to eating what I want, when i want. Having weekends drinking cocktails and the resulting hangover food, so I cant really expect anything less.

I just feel I have a mountain to climb now, But I have been here before and it losing it doesnt happen over night, I did lose 11lbs in 4 weeks once and that was great. In my first week before I lost about 4lbs so Im hoping I can dfo that again and hopefully lose the first stone pretty quickly.
  • bcsiszer
    bcsiszer Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I am new to My Fitness Pal and have 0 friends right now so I would gladly be your friend. To be at a healthy weight I need to lose about 10 lbs, but I have small bones so I want to lose about 20. So far I have lost 1. One down, 19 to go I guess is a good way to look at it. I would love some friends to network with. I am a teacher in South Carolina.
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Welcome! I am a new member also, feel free to add me :)