20lbs to lose! Want to meet some friends

Options
:smile: Hey, I'm new to myfitnesspal but. It looks really great! I'm really desperate to lose some weight! I did it before about a year ago but it has went back on as I've just been eating and drinking to much! Any advice or tips! I would like o do it in 2 months, is tht achievable, :love:

Replies

• koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Quite achievable, just stick to low intensity cardio, and keep under or at your calorie goal, if your trying to lose weight, being healthy and building and maintaining muscle is a different matter :)
  • Omegame12
    Omegame12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks by low intensity cardio do you mean going at an average speed for a longer duration as opposed to going fast for a short time! I hope I can do it in time for the nd of summer:smile:
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lobliner24.htm

This Article should explain it pretty well better than i can type lol, good luck on your goals and add me as a friend if you like :)
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends and to lose around 20. Have you set any short term goals? I think I work better if I have minor goals that add up to big ones :)
  • Omegame12
    Omegame12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I actually weighed myself and it is closer to 28lbs to lose. Im really disappionted. I have gained 20lbs in a year taking me from 10 stone to 11 stone 13lbs. This is due to eating what I want, when i want. Having weekends drinking cocktails and the resulting hangover food, so I cant really expect anything less.

I just feel I have a mountain to climb now, But I have been here before and it losing it doesnt happen over night, I did lose 11lbs in 4 weeks once and that was great. In my first week before I lost about 4lbs so Im hoping I can dfo that again and hopefully lose the first stone pretty quickly.
  • bcsiszer
    bcsiszer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to My Fitness Pal and have 0 friends right now so I would gladly be your friend. To be at a healthy weight I need to lose about 10 lbs, but I have small bones so I want to lose about 20. So far I have lost 1. One down, 19 to go I guess is a good way to look at it. I would love some friends to network with. I am a teacher in South Carolina.
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a new member also, feel free to add me :)