Readers?

Options

Replies

• Presleyforpresident
    Options
    i'm kind of in love with John Green at the moment, so any of his books :) i've read them all.... oops.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The Mosquito Coast is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Patricia Cornwell's series of Kay Scarpetta books.
    Sue Grafton books (alphabet books)
    Jonathan Kellerman (anything from the Alex Delaware Series)
    Ann Rice (all of her books)
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Power of One is AMAZING!!
  • mrsjs140
    mrsjs140 Posts: 15
    Options
    All of The Sookie Stackhouse Series. Love Charlain Harris!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have so many!

The Firekeeper Series by Jane Lindskold has been my favorite for years but they are slowly losing their edge.

I loved the His Dark Materials saga (Golden Compass, etc). By Phillip Pullman

Right now I'm starting A Game of Thrones, so we'll see how that plays out.

I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. I felt that it was a bit.....simple, but still really good.
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I enjoy all my supernatural series, but the single book I love most is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt).
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I love any true story books, I enjoyed reading a book called Mothers Day, it was based on true events, and basically a thriller :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    anything with a happy ending? Everything anymore really brings me down, I like to throw just a good ol' happy story in there.
  • Fullmetal89
    Options
    I've always been a fan of the Warhammer 40k series of books. Science fiction war stories are always interesting to me.
  • issyme
    issyme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been reading a lot of Bentley Little books lately, just finished The Association.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Nightfall- Isaac Asimov
    Brave New World- Aldous Huxley

Just finished Hunger Games and I liked it. Currently reading All Those Things We Never Said by Marc Levy (in french) and I love it.
  • Fairlady1964
    Fairlady1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (but hard to pick just one!)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love the Count of Monte Cristo. I was just thinking I should read it again. I don't read a lot of books over and over, but that's one that I can.
    The Count of Monte Cristo. It's perfect.
  • zake20042005
    Options
    Michio kaku . Physics of the impossible. And anything Stephen King!
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet hasn't been mentioned, a real tour de force, historical, emotive & a brilliant story.

All time great - Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, fantastic tale of the "future"

& in that vein, I am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, somebody said a little simple. Maybe. But the flow & feel of the book is perfectly pitched & is immediately engaging.

Russ
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here on Good Reads? I am and keep track of my books so if you're on Good Reads we can friend one another there too and get recommendations.

My favorite books are (in no particular order):
    Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
    A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
    The Chimney Sweepers Boy by Barbara Vine

There are a few series books that are very good.
    Haunted Ground, Lake of Sorrows and False Mermaid by Erin Hart
    The Crossing Places, Janus Stone and The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths
    and about 10 books by P J Parrish about Louis Kincaid. The series starts with The Dark of the Moon.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet hasn't been mentioned, a real tour de force, historical, emotive & a brilliant story.

All time great - Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, fantastic tale of the "future"

& in that vein, I am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, somebody said a little simple. Maybe. But the flow & feel of the book is perfectly pitched & is immediately engaging.

Russ

I havent read Pillars of the Earth but it is next on my reading list. I watched the mini series and fell in love with Tom the Builder haha

I havent been able to bring myself to read the Hunger Games, I tried an excerpt and the writing style just did not appeal to me at all.

If you like futuristic scifi, The foundation series by Issac Asimov brilliant