Peanut Butter Eggs

Options
issyfit
issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/03/29/copycat-recipe-reeses-peanut-butter-eggs/
reeses-eggs_3.jpg

I just made these with a few modifications. I used Splenda (prefer Stevia but Splenda is more powdery) instead of SF powdered sugar and I used SF maple syrup instead of liquid Stevia in the chocolate mixture.

I ended up with more peanut butter than chocolate so I coated the rest with Smuckers sugar free hot fudge and that worked fine--and much easier.:happy:

Both versions are delicious!

How do you make a url into a link here? I've got the image and quote thing down but not the links. Thanks.

Replies

• Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    Yummy! The only problem is where to hide them so my family doesn't see them!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy!

urls can't be imbedded here, only MFP site links will show as a hyperlink. (don't laugh at my wordage - hope you get my drift. It's so users won't be unknowingly linked to some hazardous site.)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I saved the recipe....they sound yummy! Thanks for sharing!
  • issyfit
    Options
    urls can't be imbedded here, only MFP site links will show as a hyperlink. (don't laugh at my wordage - hope you get my drift. It's so users won't be unknowingly linked to some hazardous site.)

Ok thank you!
  • Number35
    Number35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh these look amazing!!:love:
  • issyfit
    Options
    I should mention that the chocolate on the Smuckers version didn't harden up as well as the original recipe but still tasted good.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This topic title had me really hoping for a chocolate peanut butter omelet. Sigh. Now I have to make a chocolate peanut butter omelet.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    omg!!! licks screen.. those look so good!
  • issyfit
    Options
    This topic title had me really hoping for a chocolate peanut butter omelet. Sigh. Now I have to make a chocolate peanut butter omelet.
    Now that would be interesting.:laugh: