How do you NOT give in to temptation??

Options
2»

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just think of the sadness I feel when my scale is up..... again. Or how I feel when I pull on my jeans to have them fit the same exact way...... think of those moments and all of a sudden, the chips and ice cream aren't nearly as tempting anymore.

Oh, and I also don't buy treats. I can't be trusted.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just have smaller amounts of the things you enjoy! MFP is not a diet it's a lifestyle, so you can whatever you want in your diary.

I've been at my goal weight for a while, and I routinely drink wine, sweets, coffee and anything else I want -- in moderation!

I don't have a cheat day, if I eat it I log it. Oh, and exercise vigorously on the days you know you might go over!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    In my case, I splurged a little yesterday, and my body did NOT thank me for it. I had a few little bites of home made fudge, and a small scoop of ice cream, and within an hour or so I was in the bathroom with cramps and the runs. I won't be doing THAT again anytime soon....
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything that is 'off limits' because then I can say to myself 'I don't have room for this, or I can have a small amount if it fits in my calories'. I find that when I try to cut things out completely, I am more likely to just say 'screw it' and go off the rails. If I know I can have those things in moderation, I'm more likely to feel empowered to resistant when I do have those cravings and it doesn't fit in my day. However, there are some things that I find really hard to resist, so I have to be honest about it and keep them out of the house if I'm struggling. I also enlist the help of my husband on certain things. If I know I'm making something that will fit with moderation, I will ask him to help me by putting away the leftovers so I don't clean the plate. Or he will ask, politely if I have accounted for the snack, or seconds, or whatever.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't buy temptation from the store. Sweets come up enough at work/parties/dates that I don't feel deprived. I do keep a rich dark chocolate bar handy. A small bit is all I need because it's strong!

I've found Sugar Free Dark Chocolate from Wegman's in the bulk aisle....really good. The fact that i have it with a glass of Pinot is beside the point.

Hmmm headed to Weagman's tomorrow! Chocolate is my downfall. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Pre planning in my mind helps a lot. If I am going to a party or something I decide ahead of time if I am going to eat/drink "junk" or not. Sometimes telling myself it's ok to eat something I normally wouldn't actually helps me NOT want it.

I also have my low calorie junk foods that I eat all the time that help me not eat the crazy high calorie versions.