STUCK AT 130!!!

Options
I cannot break past 130 for NOTHING!!! I have been doing 1200 calorie diet since Jan. so I was told to increase my calorie intake to 1400 cals...so I did that about 2 weeks ago and still stuck at 130.8 this morning. I am only 5'3" so my ideal weight I want to be is about 125...I dont have much more to go and I JUST CANNOT GET THERE! I have a very very busy lifestyle, 2 kids, a RN working 12 hour shifts...sooo I dont always get to exercise the way I want to but I do ATLEAST 3 xs a week.

Any tips, suggestions Im open to any :tongue:

Thanks!

Replies

• foreverloved2005
    foreverloved2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is about where I'm at too. I'm 5'2" and bounce between 120 and 122 but my ideal weight is like 115. I'd love to hear some pointers!
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    Maybe you need to do something. Check out tapoutxt.com
    If it helps any, you look good.
  • daenadae
    daenadae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you're eating right and working out already, you can try to amp up you workouts. If you're doing cardio-like workouts, try shedding weight by wearing a waist trimmer or sauna suit. It's very sweaty, but it feels great knowing that you're burning more! You can also do more weights as is burns more calories that cardio exercises in the long run!
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to say open your diary so we can see what you are eating. Make sure you get your water in. You can try adding more protein (MFP has low recommendations for this). Add more exercise is your key if you can. Good Luck!~
  • margaretadickie65
    Options
    I have seen this problem addressed on Dr. Oz and in different magazines. The answer is always the same. MIX UP THE EXERCISE ROUTINE. Especially doing resistance exercises. Somehow, when you mix them up, it revs up your metabolism. Also, drink water with some lemon as soon as you wake up. Try to do about 1/2 hour before breakfast. If you don't like it plain, then add some STEVIA......but not those other artificial sweetners. Lemon juice helps to clean up the liver, and causes it to also rev up your metabolism before you start your eating for the day. Lemon juice helps prevent cancer and has many other health benefits. Good luck.and remember to mix up the exercise routine when you do exercise....mix each day.

Also, organic coconut oil (refined - expeller pressed ) is supposed to blast open fat cells - saw that on Dr. Oz a few days ago. It is high in saturated fat, so be sure to consder those calories. I put a tablespoon full in my smoothies. It is know to help one lose weight. It does increase your cholesterol level, but only the HDL - good cholesterol....and that is a good thing. So, don't let anyone talk you out of using it. It kills viruses in the body......including the HIV virus and the herpes virus. Do more research on this oil and you will be shocked at all of its benefits. If you cook with it, and I do, Keep it on medium to medium/high heat. Too high, and it loses its benefits (the same with olive oil - especially the extra virgin - which should only be used for salads.)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    OMG ME TOO! WTF is up with 130? It is some evil "You Shall Not Pass" plateau guarded by Gandalf or something!

I have been stuck here for WEEKS and I have tried upping my calories and lowering them, both to no avail. I haven't even lost inches.

I think I need to do more cardio. Right now I do 4 strength training days and 2 cardio days per week but I'm probably going to go down to 3 strength training and 4 cardio days instead (not in a row, some days I do both). I've met with a personal trainer to help me break this plateau! I will pass along any good advice after my first session on Monday.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    idk but maybe your body likes being where its at as of now.
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone!! Im gonna get back into doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...see if that helps!
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OMG ME TOO! WTF is up with 130? It is some evil "You Shall Not Pass" plateau guarded by Gandalf or something!

I have been stuck here for WEEKS and I have tried upping my calories and lowering them, both to no avail. I haven't even lost inches.

I think I need to do more cardio. Right now I do 4 strength training days and 2 cardio days per week but I'm probably going to go down to 3 strength training and 4 cardio days instead (not in a row, some days I do both). I've met with a personal trainer to help me break this plateau! I will pass along any good advice after my first session on Monday.

LOL- sooo true! I finally got down to the 120s, then gained it back during the holidays. Started up with strength training, and still in the 130s (always between 130-132). I'm trying not to really pay attention to the scale, but more in how my body feels and how my clothing fits. This would be great if the clothing fit looser like it did in the 120s, but thats not whats happening :-/
  • Ashleacurtice
    Options
    Girl thats EXACTLY where im stuck! UGHHH its so frustrating...but you are so right...I can tell a MAJOR difference in my body---my thighs are getting much much better and I actually wore my bathing suit without any swim shorts last weekend WHOOPPP!! lol

So I guess I am telling a difference but its just sooo frustrating when Im 5 pounds away from my goal and it seems SOOOOO far away!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know. My weight and details are different to yours, but my problem is identical. Busy job, good weight loss up to a sticking point and now for months (literally since January) I am up and down 3lbs on the same plateau. I tried upping as suggested, but just added a bit of weight over 5 weeks, so dropped back a bit. Still hovering at same weight. I really want to go on holiday in August at my goal weight, so if I do relax (going all-inclusive!!!) I won't go up too far.
    Aaaaargh. so frustrating.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!
    Stuck at 130-131 and have been for a couple weeks now. :/
    I've upped my workouts and my calorie intake.. Hopefully it'll help.
    I was doing 1200 calories for the past few months.. but now I'm doing 1450.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    130 was my "magic" number and I'm currently 131.2 as of this past Thurs. I'm hoping to get to 130.0 this coming weigh in..every Thurs for me..and then I had already decided I would really like to be at 125 so I am already thinking that last 5 is gonna be KILLER! :/ My original goal was 140 by mid June (for vacay) and I surpassed that soooo I'm gonna keep that in mind while working my way to the 125 mark! :) Good luck to all of you!!
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Maybe that's where your body wants to be? Go on maintaince for 3 weeks ? You look great maybe your at your number?
  • dtucker3800
    dtucker3800 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good grief I need to jump on this boat as I am in the same situation. Stuck at 130 lbs. What the heck? I also tried upping the calories to 1400 and it seems that I am still stuck at 130 for 3 weeks now. Very frustrating. I'm going to change my weight training and see if that helps. Keep us posted if you find anything that works. I am also just 5 pounds from my goal.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Girl thats EXACTLY where im stuck! UGHHH its so frustrating...but you are so right...I can tell a MAJOR difference in my body---my thighs are getting much much better and I actually wore my bathing suit without any swim shorts last weekend WHOOPPP!! lol

So I guess I am telling a difference but its just sooo frustrating when Im 5 pounds away from my goal and it seems SOOOOO far away!!

I finally broke my plateau today by increasing cardio + strength training all this week, total of 600 minutes. I cut my carbs and decrease calories! I was not consistent the last 2-3 months and I was frustrated. Change your routine and add cardio extra and be patient. Good luck!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    Cut / change your CARBOHYDRATE intake. That's the key

CHANGE what you are eating.

If you eat a lot of zucchini, start eating a lot of eggs and vice versa. Shake your body up.

Try increasing your daily protein goal dramatically.

It all happens in the kitchen, exercise won't help a plateau.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3".

My smallest-ever weight was 127 lbs. That was 18 years old and fresh out of Navy boot camp. I only lost 2 lbs in boot camp, but went down 3 dress sizes.

130 is a healthy weight for your height.

Since you only have about 5 more pounds you want to lose, it will be hard. Aren't the last 5 supposed to be the hardest to lose?

Why is 125 your goal? What's magic about that number?

One reason I ask is because I'm the same height, and I'm working on strength. I want to be 140-145 lbs, because if I'm muscular that's a good weight for me to maintain, and I look good at that weight even though it's technically an overweight BMI.
  • Ashleacurtice
    Options
    Im glad to know Iam not the only one = )
    and Thank yall for some of the sweet comments...Ive been working so hard since Jan.!

ishtar13: There is nothing magic about it...I just weighed that before I got pregnant with my first son and felt wonderful about myself. I once got down to 120 and I was WAYYY to skinny...sooo I feel 125 is where I like to be.

Everyone who is in the same boat as me please keep me posted...GOOD LUCK!! :tongue:
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    I broke my 130 today!! Well I weighed in at 129 but I'm counting it lol... I've been drinking more water recently and have eating a smaller dinner and instead making my lunch a tad higher...
    Good luck :)