Need suggestions for snacks?

Options
hooperkay
hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
I eat 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. Was wanting ideas for more snack ideas. I stay within my daily calories/carbs.. I usually go over in protein?? only like 10 or less. I eat 1200 or less a day. Snacks are like usually 100 cal. no more than 200. Was wanting something different.

Replies

• Chocoholic72
    Chocoholic72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fruit or yogurt for my snacks. This is usually where my "cheats" come in, such as the Who-Nu cookies. They are high in fiber and vitamins. I also eat veggies, nuts.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    -Carrots & 1-2 tbsp hummus

-5-6 almonds & 1 apple

-Banana & .5 tbsp chia seeds

-Whole grain toast & .5 tbsp nut butter

-Oven roasted garbanzo beans with garlic salt (1/4 cup)

- 4 Dried plums & 4 walnut halves

- 10 Cherry tomatoes, some whole wheat crackers, & cucumber slices.

-A packet of plain oatmeal (no sugar, salt, or preservatives) with nuts or fruit for toppings.

All listed are around 150-200 calories.
  • Bippie252
    Bippie252 Posts: 14
    Options
    I eat yogurt for snacks. 190 calories or less. You can place some fresh fruit in it..... if you need to.
  • lindasuefarrell
    Options
    I just started myfitness pal and was wondering what are good snacks for protein? I am currently breastfeeding, and every time I do, I feel so drained and tired. I need something that is going to give me energy throughout the day. Do any of you have any suggestions?
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options

-5-6 almonds & 1 apple

-A packet of plain oatmeal (no sugar, salt, or preservatives) with nuts or fruit for toppings.

garbanzo beans sound good, oatmeal sounds good too. THanks
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Eggs
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Beef jerky
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese sticks
    Laughing cow cheese/ crackers
  • HealthFreak1967
    Options

-5-6 almonds & 1 apple

garbanzo beans sound good, oatmeal sounds good too. THanks

Anytime! :)
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I buy a lot of 100 calorie snack packs...proabably not the healthiest snacks but I know if I deny myself I will not stay on track. I make it work in with my goals for the day,

I love the baked cheetos, pretzels, cheez-its, kellogs crisps, pop tart minis (all 100 calorie snack packs)

I also get the Emerald Coca Almonds 100 calorie packs

The Breakfast on the Go 200 calorie packs. This one is like trail mix from Emerald.

I love the sugar free Jello Pudding...especially the DeLeuce, and the chocolate and vanilla swirl.

Sugar free popsicles, Blue Bell Fruit bars (strawberry, lime, coconut, peach), Blue Bunny Fudge delites (35 calories)

I love my watermelon, apples and oranges too.

I even found some Little Debbe Peanut Butter bars for 100 calories. Its that sweet treat you have to have sometimes.

Those 90 calorie Fibre One Brownies are good too.

When I have enough calories left, I make my after supper snack, Nutella and low fat graham crackers. YUM!

I am from Louisiana too....you know we like our food!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds...wasa cracker, a little cottage cheese...hard boiled egg and a apple ( my favorite)
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery with raisins! :) Good protein, low carb!
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are:

- String cheese (60 cal.)
    - Dill pickles (5 cal.)
    - Bananas
    - Sugar free popsicles (20 cal.)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    1200 or less? What ya gonna do the rest of your life (after you reach your goal), stay at that level?
    How's your energy level? Don't you wish you could eat normal food and loose weight?

YOU CAN!!!

Go check out the group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS

Here's a blog by one of it's members to condense it for you and give you some links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

Eating is a good thing!
  • HealthFreak1967
    Options
    I just started myfitness pal and was wondering what are good snacks for protein? I am currently breastfeeding, and every time I do, I feel so drained and tired. I need something that is going to give me energy throughout the day. Do any of you have any suggestions?

-Edamame (soy beans) steamed with garlic or herbs. You can also buy dried edamame with is so good.

-Protein bars (I reccomend "The Simply Bar, which has 16g protein, less than 10 ingredients, low carb and low fat).

-Dried Plums can provide around 3g protein, paired with nuts you can get 5-6.

-Mushrooms are surprisingly high in protein, paired with steamed spinach you can get a good amount.

-Soy-based fruit smoothie (make with frozen banana, almond milk, hemp seeds or nuts, silken tofu and flavorings of your choice such as cocoa vanilla or carmel).

-Air popped popcorn (I believe 4-5 cups can get you 4g protein) topped with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (a yummy cheesy flavor plus tons of vitamins and minerals) and you can get around 7g protein. Spray with soy sauce alternative braggs liquid amino acids and it can make the nutritional yeast stick and give some extra flavor.

-1 tbsp hummus on whole grain toast, 5-6g protein.
  • ayyitsashley
    Options
    Greek yogurt... high in protein. The Oikos Honey is my favorite, but everyone has their own definition of "yummy".
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of raw almonds
    string cheese
    Babybel light cheese
    sugar-free popsicles
    Ritz crackers (I limit myself to 5)
    brown bag microwave popcorn

I can't have things like chips anywhere near me. I tend to use 1 bag (regardless of size) = 1 serving.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery with raisins! :) Good protein, low carb!

This!! Where I live we have a Winco store that you can get fresh ground peanut butter and almond butter. I love both of them. String cheese is great too.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hummus with carrots or pita chips, string cheese, air popped popcorn, yogurt with fruit and/or granola. I sometimes splurge and go for goldfish crackers or Cheeseits :) I love pickles too but you have to be careful with the sodium. I also keep a bar of dark chocolate in the freezer so I can break of a small chunk (for about 50 cal) when I'm having a chocolate craving. I will sometimes break that piece up and add it into vanilla yogurt too. Hope that helps :)
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My favourite snacks are:
    String cheese
    Veg and Dip (Sugar snap peas, I love you!)
    Black beans with Salsa (low sugar or sugar free)
    Yogurt with Agave
    Roasted chickpeas with salt and pepper
    Occasionally a sugar free pot of Jelly

Usually I'll combine two of these, or have one snack a day with a glass of milk.
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to find the 100 calorie snacks. They really help me with the portion control. Have been able to find nuts, crackers, cheese. Just learning about making smoothies. There are some really great combinations of low fat yogurt with frozen or fresh fruit and just a tiny bit of instant sf jello powder (for smoothness). Add some crushed ice, whirl in a blender or bullet and wow what a yummy snack. You are doing so well with your food choices.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nestle's Skinny Cow - chocolate bar, peanut butter bar, clusters, ice cream cones, ice cream sandwiches
    Melba Toast with Laughing Cow Cheese wedge
    Red Seedless Grapes with String Cheese
    Raw Carrots with Ranch Dressing
    100 calorie snack packs - Fudge Covered Pretzels, Yogurt Covered Pretzels
    Watermelon
    Granola Bars