stuck at a stand still

Options
lad80
lad80 Posts: 12 Member
I have lost 7lbs so far but it seems now my body is at a stand still havent lost anything for awhile now and wondering what I can do to boost it back to where it is losing again?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You could try avoiding all those fast food joints for a couple of weeks. If you could accurately log everything and tell us about yourself it'll help - I see you have PCOS, how tall are you / initial weight / goal weight / exercise per day ?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat 80% whole foods, 20% junk max and you'll lose weight again. I went back a few days and didn't see anything freshly prepared.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Whats with all the quick added calories? You dont have a very healthy diet. So much junk food and processed food.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    WAY too much fast food.. lost that and the weight will come off.. you will also feel better not eating all that trash..

checkout some others diaries. you will find they do not eat out very much and eat home prepared good foods.

k
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sub some less processed foods for what you've been eating, add some fruits and veggies, and make sure you're staying hydrated. Good luck!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What are quick added calories? Sounds like something I would avoid.
  • renstwin
    renstwin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As above. Too much junk, too many quick added calories. Start really logging and trying to cut back on all the fast food. Include more fruits and vegetables and see if you progress.

Good luck!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a diary entry of a number of calories without the macronutrient breakdown.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the dredded 'Plateau' my dear. They can last a fantastic 8 to 12 weeks if no big booster change is put in place. Thats what you are searching for here. You need shock tactics. You need to find something that ups the game, changes the body plan and makes the whole system go 'What the??'

To do body shock you need to do changes to your foods, up the cal intake (which doesn't sound right for losing weight to eat more, but it truly works if you are moving more mate). You also gotta change the movements. If you can mix up times for when you do fitness routines, that helps, if you can alternate cardio and strength training workouts, you will allow for a rest day for each.

Find a new short routine to try out. Something different from your norm, so definately get yourself moving in a new way and set that for a month or two until you know the plateau has shifted. Gotta kick this flat spot out of the way and make your body a burning machine again.

Best of luck with what you do.
    Workouts I have done or are about to try are:
    Turbo Jam (Next week I start)
    Power 90 (mix of cardio, yoga, strength work and abs) Fantastic 90 day program. A step up from this one is the P90X. so look at both to see your level. Next one up is called Insanity. Hubby done the P90X and lost 23kgs. He onto doing Insanity for final burn and it works so well. I'm no where near that level though. I like the 20 to 40 min workouts with Power 90.

Go for it matey! Hope you get great advice that suits you here.

cheers
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Just a diary entry of a number of calories without the macronutrient breakdown.

But what are they? Cereal? Snickers bar? Pixie sticks?
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also you need to stick with a change in fitness routine as well as sticking to a great cal goal each day. You will not move the scales down if you aren't doing both together.

It doesn't work if its diet/food intake alone or exercise/fitness alone. It has to be both. So make the changes and call them 'Lifestyle Changes'. Thats a permanent thing and totally works mate!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Also you need to stick with a change in fitness routine as well as sticking to a great cal goal each day. You will not move the scales down if you aren't doing both together.

It doesn't work if its diet/food intake alone or exercise/fitness alone. It has to be both. So make the changes and call them 'Lifestyle Changes'. Thats a permanent thing and totally works mate!
    While it's generally ideal to make healthy changes to both food choices and activity level, it is possible for many people to lose weight and get healthier from diet alone. Don't be discouraged or put off by pressure to exercise--if you aren't ready to start (yet), focus on the eating piece right now. And even if you don't lose much weight, at least you'll be healthier.
  • lad80
    Options
    Well im 32 5*6 weigh 203 now was at 211 when started I have PCOS and really bad knees had two surgeries and need them again.. I do eat a lot of to much fast food now and I know that needs to end the fast add is cereal its a oat cereal that is not listed to I do quick add that when I eat it... Someone told me that I should not focus on 1200 calories that i need to go for 1400 then switch it up. I work 20 hrs a week and at work im moving nonstop a lot of walking stocking shelfs and cleaning but do not add them cause I am not 100% sure what i burned I would like to find something I can do at home for i am tight with money right now and cant afford to go to a gym. Money is also a BIG issue with me a lot of the healthier things to eat are pricey. I do eat a lot of lean cuisines and weight watchers and fruit last week I was kinda stuck in a rut with not losing anymore and was giving up on myself again and now im ready to get back on track... so any helpful hints is very much appreciated...
  • lad80
    Options
    also has anyone ever tried the Apple cider vinegar?
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercise. Doing both would be great, but I lost weight eating more fast food and processed food than most here would approve of. They aren't the ones deciding if I'm losing though. Fit it in your calories for the day, make adjustments when you can.

But, try to cut out the fast food, it's high in calories, and high in sodium. Drink as much water as you can, whether you log it or not (I choose not to). That gives you more calories to spare for other times of the day.

You can create food items...get the information, create the item, then you can add it fairly accurately instead of just adding 'calories' which doesn't show what it came from. It makes for better reports later when you're wondering why you've plateaued, wondering if you are getting enough protein, etc.

I see a lot of the items you've added don't include much information- without the protein/fat/carb info, you're just tracking calories, and that's not going to give you the whole story.

Peanut butter is cheap, and provides protein. I wait for bread to be buy 1 get 1 free, and freeze it. It's not whole grain, whole wheat, baked by virgins in the light of the new moon, but it's cheap, it's bread, and I can put peanut butter on it.
    Protein powder is another good source of protein. It's not cheap up-front, but considering that it can replace breakfast, provides protein, and costs around $1/serving, the final cost is not so bad. I bought my last 2.9lb container online, it was 1 month from expiration, so it was marked down. I'll use it up before then, and don't really care about being that close on expiration dates on unopened items.

Feel free to look at my diary. I don't eat 'clean.' I am not trying especially hard except to stay under my calories (sometimes too much), get enough protein, minimize sodium when I can, and then see what works and what doesn't.

Whatever you do, stick with it, log everything as accurately as you can, then you can see what's causing the problem.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    again.. look at peoples diaries.. see what they eat.. the ww and other process foods are still not as good as making it yourself. buy on sale and freeze things.. i am on a very tight budget and i have three kids.. so its tight.. but im a good shopper and make due with different things..