200+ group!!!!! (week 1)

Options

Replies

• dldodson75
    Options
    8-8oz cups of water a day total 64oz recommended daily. I get one of the large 32oz water bottles, fill it up a couple times & sip on it all day, it makes it not feel like so much. If thats to big of a bottle try a 16oz one :bigsmile:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I do 32 oz bottles as well. I fill it up in the morning at work, and then again in the afternoon and I can usually get all my water in. I really like diet soda, so my rule for myself is I can't have any diet coke until I drink my 8 glasses of water. It's hard on days when I'm not at my desk and running around, cause it's not in front of me.

So i just finished doing my first day of the 30 day shred. I didn't know I could be so sweaty after 20 min! It's not long, but I certainly felt it. And I appreciate that you don't do anything for super long, so I think i'll be less likely to cheat. I do think if you have knee problems, it could be tough. I did most of the moves okay, other than push ups because I've never had upper arm/shoulder strength. They are pathetic. Plus, I need a better sports bra, cause my girls were hurting doing the jumping jacks. My flab and boobs moving up and down hurt more than my muscles! I've got to fix that. haha. I'd like to do it in the morning before work instead of when I get home, but I get up early enough as it is, so it will be hard. I'll try tomorrow for day 2.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Thanks for tips on the water! So i usually only can get to the gym twice a week due to rides. what can i do the other three days since i dont have any workout dvd's yet??
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I'm in, as I am at 222. Can't wait till I see a number one in that first slot. Usually I weigh in on Mondays, but Friday will work for me.

so, week one drink all the water we are supposed too.
    how about week two our goal is 3 30minute workouts? too easy?
  • cds2327
    Options
    I'm in, as I am at 222. Can't wait till I see a number one in that first slot. Usually I weigh in on Mondays, but Friday will work for me.

• HeaterM
    Options

it's 5 45 min workouts, if thats too easy for you bump it up :happy: What is your goal weigh by thanksgiving? So far we are all doing 10 lbs. and do u have a starting weight?
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    200+ sounds like agood name to me. I bought the Biggest Loser Bootcamp and Biggest Loser Cardio Max because they are the best ones (and Biggest Loser Yoga but i didn't have enough to buy that one as well). I think they both all together cost about $48. But that is because I went to Borders and they are pretty expensive. I later found out that you can find them at Target, Wal-Mart, and on amazon.com for ALOT cheaper :grumble:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    200+ sounds like agood name to me. I bought the Biggest Loser Bootcamp and Biggest Loser Cardio Max because they are the best ones (and Biggest Loser Yoga but i didn't have enough to buy that one as well). I think they both all together cost about $48. But that is because I went to Borders and they are pretty expensive. I later found out that you can find them at Target, Wal-Mart, and on amazon.com for ALOT cheaper :grumble:

Let me know how you like those dvds. I don't have them, and am possibly interested in purchasing. I just have the first Biggest Loser one and 30 day shred (just did day 2 this morning. ouchies)
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Hey GreenDayChick820, are you wanting to be on the weigh tab im doing, if so could you state you starting weight. current weight and goal weight by thanksgiving?:flowerforyou:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Both today and yesterday were good food days for me. Excellent for weighing in tomorrow morning. Good thing tomorrow is the Halloween potluck at the office... will be tough, but will try only small bits of the naughty stuff (will be a beeyotch to record everything). My muscles are aching this afternoon (I really noticed it trying to go down stairs at the hospital today), but at least I know I'm working them! Hope you all are having a good day as well!
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    sure my starting weight 225lbs, current weight 222lbs, and my goal weight is 140lbs.

p.s. My name is Ashlee
  • sas202554
    sas202554 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I have just completed my second day on plan. I have stayed true to my diet. I have walked 10,000 steps both days. I am going to take it one day at a time. I am not going to look too far ahead. I get so impatient that this time I am going to take it minute by minute and hour by hour. I want to be in control!!!! Planning my meals is my downfall. I hope everyone is doing good. I am excited about being in your group. We will weigh in tomorrow. Correct?
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Oh, today ended up as a bad calorie day. I woke to cloudy, gloomy weather and just couldn't get the energy to workout before work. Thankfully, one of my clients canceled leaving me with an extra hour so I called my mom and got her to meet me for a 3 mile walk. My husband has tomorrow off so he wanted to go out to eat "It's my Friday".. So we decided to take the long walk to the restaurant - 2 miles. So far so good. But we get there and ribs are the daily special. Not what I normally order but I think it cant be too bad and it really wasn't - only 200 calories more than my normal order. My down fall was the celebration at the restaurant. - it had been closed for 4 years and re-opened Labor Day weekend. Why did we have to go on the day that they got their liquor license back. During our dinner the license arrived and I ended up having 3 beers :cry: At least we declined the ride home that our friends offered and walked the mile back home. So I ended the day at 500 calories over my recommended amount. Now, I realize this could have been worse. But still - I have been working so hard to just blow it tonight. I guess I will have to be good over the weekend and workout even harder. Or just consider this a calorie zig zag day.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    checking in today......my weight is 251.8. Woo!

My husband and I are going out with friends tomorrow night to a bar. I've volunteered to be the driver so I won't partake of all the empty calories that alcohol has to offer. Although if we come home and have enough energy to keep the party rolling, I may have a drink or two. But definitely won't be drinking or eating everything in sight.

Anyone else going out tomorrow?

just a thought....

I might drag my husband to the gym with me tomorrow morning so I can earn some extra calories for tomorrow night and really boost my energy levels. ....just to be safe

hmmm....that sounds so good :-D
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Thanks for tips on the water! So i usually only can get to the gym twice a week due to rides. what can i do the other three days since i dont have any workout dvd's yet??

If you are able to walk around your area safely go for brisk 30+ min walks, Ive done this a lot and depending on time ill walk for 15mins one way then turn around and head home dont even worry about the miles. Google cardio workouts at home no equiptment and toning excercises at home no equiptment, should find some suggestions that way. Seen a show the other night where the guy lost over 400lbs naturally, and he started at home just doing squats getting up & down off the couch and going up & down his set of steps.

Friday Weigh in- :happy:
    SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-240 (10-30-09)
    GW-232 (By Thanksgiving)
    Final Goal 170 (no time frame hopefully by May of 10)
  • cds2327
    Options
    Yeah! Hit my first 10 pound mark!! Here's to another great week!! Well done everyone!!
    SW: 230
    CW: 220
    GW: 150
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Another idea for home workouts would be the push-up, sit-up and/or squat challenge. See this site for more info. http://hundredpushups.com/test.html

Good luck tomorrow. Exercising in the morning and being the DD are great ideas for Halloween night. We are going to be lazy and stay home. Have a great weekend everyone.

Friday check-in

SW 225 (10/27)
    CW 225 (10/30)
    GW 215 (by Thanksgiving)
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    I'm at 279!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm at 279!

Great Job!!! I would be jumping up and down if I lost 4 pounds in a week!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Great job everyone!

My weigh-in: 228.6 (-1.4 for the week)

So,
    SW: 230 (10/27)
    CW: 228.6 (10/30)
    GW: 220 (Thanksgiving)

Not spectacular, but slow and steady is okay with me. Plus, I've really only been on track again for 3ish days.

Another exercise tip is if you have cable (digital), a lot of times they have free exercise shows on there that you can do (ondemand). I don't have this channel now, but when I was at my last apt I had a channel called fit-tv I think that had exercise shows all day. I second that walking is always a good form of exercise.

I did day 3 of step 1 of the 30 day shred this morning before work. My muscles are hurting pretty bad, so I almost didn't do it this morning. I powered through, though certainly had to modify the moves a little bit, like not going down quite as low on the lunges. I think the push-ups are a lost cause for me. The rest of the routine is slowly getting easier. I had serious problems walking down the stairs again today. It's just the quads that are in the most pain. But at least I know I'm working them.

No partying plans this weekend for the holiday. That was last weekend for me, where I did not do well on the eating front. I plan to do the 30 day shred both days and if the weather is nice, go for a long walk. Otherwise, I'll try to throw in other tape I have... perhaps one of my Windsor Pilates (not the best cardio, but for my aching muscles, it might be the best as a add-on exercise).