Quick Way to Burn 100 Calories?!

Options
I am having trouble meeting my calorie goal every day. I always seem to be within 50 to 100 calories over (86 today). I am doing 30 day shred and I occasionally go for long walks. What are some fast, fun, ways to burn about 100 calories?

Replies

• pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mix a bit of running in you long walks.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Run for 10 - 15 mins - I just downloaded an app called "Zombies, Run!" which has a story line which involves you being chased by zombies now and again so you have to speed up to evade them.

Or put on some fun music and dance like a mad thing for 15 mins or so.

And remember, depending on your calorie deficit, you may not need to worry about 100 cals.
    Chances are you still have a decent sized calorie deficit so you will lose weight even if you go over a bit.
    I think it is important to find a calorie level that you are going to be able to sustain for a decent length of time. If you need to increase your cals slightly, but it helps you stick with the plan - then it might be worth slowing down your weight loss by a little bit.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mix a bit of running in you long walks.
  • SadieWest89
    Options
    Awesome! This was a lot of help... I love dancing like a mad woman. Thanks!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Run for 10 - 15 mins - I just downloaded an app called "Zombies, Run!" which has a story line which involves you being chased by zombies now and again so you have to speed up to evade them.

Or put on some fun music and dance like a mad thing for 15 mins or so.

And remember, depending on your calorie deficit, you may not need to worry about 100 cals.
    Chances are you still have a decent sized calorie deficit so you will lose weight even if you go over a bit.
    I think it is important to find a calorie level that you are going to be able to sustain for a decent length of time. If you need to increase your cals slightly, but it helps you stick with the plan - then it might be worth slowing down your weight loss by a little bit.
    This is great advice. Being able to stick with your plan long term is much, much more important than playing catch-up everyday. That being said, as your fitness improves, a 100-cal activity will feel like no big deal.
  • chrisrollins1
    Options
    Hmmm...I can think of something. It can be done in the bedroom, on the couch, in the kitchen, on the washing machine, even in the car! :blushing: :)
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    10 minutes on the stairstepper burns about 100 calories :) plus is great for your legs!!
  • PtBill
    PtBill Posts: 12
    Options
    Hmmm...I can think of something. It can be done in the bedroom, on the couch, in the kitchen, on the washing machine, even in the car! :blushing: :)

Planking? Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    Tabata Protocol

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition