MFP estimation doesnt seem possible...

Options
So I changed my workout goal to be 7 days a week, and aiming to burn 500 calories each day. I know that is an insane amount and very hard but I'm setting my goal high to push myself, because even if I only do 250 that day I will have done something good. My problem is I changed my weight loss to be 1lb a week whereas before it was 2lbs a week. So after setting that goal up MFP tells me that I will lose 5lbs in 5 days.....um thats not really possible unless I'm losing muscle as well as fat and water weight. Does this seem at all possible to anyone or has MFP just got a really weird way of calculating things?

Side Note:I upped my workout goal and lowered by weight loss rate only because its been 4 weeks and I gained 7lbs. While it may be just water weight from 'that time of the month' its still discouraging because it means I didnt lose any weight, and now I have added water weight. My one saving grace is that I have lost 3 inches off my thighs which is something I do really need and want, but otherwise I still cant fit into my jeans :( I think that MFP gave me too low of a calorie rate and I've been hurting myself instead of helping myself. They told me I should take in 1250 when my BMR is 1429, thats a whole portion of food that I have not been eating. And now I'm ranting and rambling so I will end this on a positive note of 'I will not give up because of this, I am only MORE determined to lose fat and get fit!'

Replies

• msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this..mfp says for me to eat 1200, so I changed my wt loss goal to 1/2 lb week, it went up to 1400. I've been searching BMR and TDEE. I believe I'm way under calories and that is why I'm not losing. I work out PLENTY...so confused!
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    In 5 weeks not 5 days
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    I eat a very healthy diet of fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats and all around good meals and it doesnt seem like much happened. I think a lot of it has to do with MFP telling me I'm eating too much when really I'm eating too little. Your body goes into starvation mode and its actually harder to lose weight. I will certainly be sticking with 1400 calories and just trying to exercise more.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    In 5 weeks not 5 days

This. You did not read the estimate correctly. Keyword, estimate. It calculates what you could weigh in 5 WEEKS.