Attracting people who don't work out/eat right...thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't understand you enjoy their company because of who they are, but you are disappointed/frustrated/? because of what they eat?
    How they eat! Mouth open talking with food in it, elbows on the table, salad fork on the wrong side. There's just some things you don't do.

Come on, chewing with your mouth open is gross regardless of if it's a doughnut or a protein bar!
  • 704fitness
    704fitness Posts: 153
    Options
    Tough spot for you . . . and I understand the point of reference . . . from your posts you have a healthy life style that is part of your identity . . most of us have been judged on appearance (poor fitting clothes) or behaviour (eating with your mouth open - easily correctable if friend helps them, in my opinion) instead of what is inside us. . . you seem to find the good inside people . . .that is good, too few people like that . . .I am not sure I would worry too much about who is alive to be around you in the later part of your life . . . our long term plans do not seem to matter that much in how our lives turn out . .. but the quality of people around you will always matter
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to date you with a penis.

Personally, I like it when guys have other interests besides things I like to do. My hubby likes to build things. I like to garden. I like to dance. He likes sci-fi. He's tall. I'm average height. I'm good with money. He'd be dead *kitten* broke if he were managing our finances. I like veggies. He hates onions, broccoli, and bell peppers. Yet astoundingly enough we have managed to survive 19 years of marriage and 22 years together. Of course, neither of us require the other to meet our every demand for what we were looking for in the opposite sex. Funnily enough, the only people I've ever known IRL who demanded that level of perfection, didn't meet the standards that such a person set for their petential partner.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    If you enjoy each others company and respect each other, then that's great. Don't be so picky.. And just because they don't do those things doesn't mean they would never enjoy them. Bring them on a hike or a run. Make them a healthy dinner. They might just enjoy themselves.

It's about building a life together, not finding one that's already the same as yours. Go for it! You never know who you might be missing.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just can't understand this way of thinking, myself.

You're clearly looking for a long-term partner, if you're looking for someone to grow old and grey with, but you're attracting people who sound like great long-term partner material, and aren't happy because they're not looking after their health as much as you are?

You're living in the future, rather than now. There's little point basing your opinion of someone now on whether or not they'll be around when you're in your retirement years. Sure, I'd love my own morbidly obese fiance to be around when I'm old, sure I'd love not to be in a situation where I'm expecting I'll be a relatively young widow, but how much time he spends eating simply isn't the major factor in our relationship, because I love him and value the time we do have together.

Trust me, I can understand the desire to have someone around you who'll be with you for a long time, but we never know what's going to happen. I can sit here wondering what it's going to be like being a young widow, but (morbid topic, this!) there is nothing to say I'm not going to be out on a run in a month's time and have an unexpected heart attack, or get hit by a car, and be the one that goes first. Give me quality relationships for slightly less time any day!

Edited to add: Not only that, but I was one of those lazy, bad habit people as recently as two years ago. People's lifestyles can change, but their deeper personality doesn't.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't understand you enjoy their company because of who they are, but you are disappointed/frustrated/? because of what they eat?
    How they eat! Mouth open talking with food in it, elbows on the table, salad fork on the wrong side. There's just some things you don't do.

These things piss me off more than" the eating like s**t, not working out and smoking". lol
  • MrS1965
    MrS1965 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you get on well with someone, then maybe you can teach them the right ways like healthy eating and eating properly which then in turn will help keep friends!
  • HeidiJ810
    HeidiJ810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are coming down on you, but I understand, to a point. I just got out of a relationship with a junk food junkie who would get annoyed when I would eat healthy or go to the gym. To me, food is like a drug. I use it to escape my problems. If I were a drug addict would it be a good idea for me to be in a relationship with a drug dealer? Probably not. It is still solely up to me to control my behavior, but controlling your surroundings is a big part of that. If you are dating a person who tries to shove donuts in your mouth or gets pissed if you go to the gym, it probably won't work out. That being said, a guy doesn't necessarily have to have all the same fitness goals or eating habits as you. As long as they support your lifestyle you should keep an open mind. If you insist on a certain lifestyle, you should probably scope the gyms or try an online dating service.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    at least you're attracting people... :laugh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

whoa whoa...back up.....there's a wrong side to a salad fork? :huh: :laugh:
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I am going to be alone for the rest of my pathetic life, im fat, have some bad ugly days, i eat real food (mouth closed) i gym, i dont gym i gym i workout at home i dont workout at home, i get sick and im a very boring person, work and thought of being better (weight, food, personality) i swear, but not at work, dont drink dont smoke, limited food wise (curtousy of taste buds)
    and ive been wondering why im still single:grumble:
    I actually havnt but hey :drinker: cheers