Stretch Marks :(

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
After having my 2 beautiful children (youngest is 6 months) i have gotten a fair few stretch marks across the bottom of my belly and my hips. I want to know the best way to get rid of them/ make them less noticeable. Mine never seem to fade like most peoples do they stay read and they make me very self concious. I wanna know that when i get to my goal weight i can feel good about myself again!!

Replies

• ameliasmummy11
    Options
    Not sure where you live but bio oil is good for streatch marks! I got a few towards the end of my pregnancy and used it and it help them fade quite a bit - may not get rid of them altogether though!
  • NomadicKris
    Options
    You can never get rid of them - short of having the skin removed... I had them from puberty so getting more when I was pregnant was never a huge deal to me. I'm not saying I like them, just that I have accepted they are part of who I am.

I think confidence and feeling good about yourself is about much more than stretch marks - focus on things you can change and if anyone tries to make you feel bad about them then look at your kids and know they were worth it.

Sorry, not much help and probably not what you want to hear.
  • chocorabit
    chocorabit Posts: 12
    Options
    use cocoa butter on them every night and morning and they will slowly fade it worked great for the marks on top of my traps it takes a while tho. if it never gets better there is laser treatments for it but cocoa butter is a lot cheeper!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Me too. It's horrible isn't it?!

They say Bio oil is good, I'm yet to try anything to be honest, but I will once I've lost a bit more weight!! :tongue:
  • Justgill2015
    Justgill2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately stretch marks wont go away. I have them on my stomach and hips after having my daughter. i use bio oil through out my pregnancy but there is cheaper options suchs as rescue oil which you can get from the local pound shop and it works just as good. What i do to reduce the visibility of my stretch marks is I either use an every day fake tan like Dove or i have a spray tan once a week. I do find that covers them and i feel more confident. xxx
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    They will never go honey sorry...but they will fad in time to silvery marks!
    take them as battle wounds! :bigsmile:
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    i gained like 50 lbs during my pregnancy, so i got tons of stretch marks as well...arms, legs, stomach, hips, gross grosss groosss

i used body shops coca butter, EVERDAY twice a day, morning and before going to bed. the ones of arms, and legs are barely noticeable now. and stomach ones are fading as well..
    also try maderma its supposed to be the best.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    id say be proud of them a tigress earns her strips :)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live but bio oil is good for streatch marks! I got a few towards the end of my pregnancy and used it and it help them fade quite a bit - may not get rid of them altogether though!

I had stretch marks when i was younger and used bio oil about 3 times a day every day for 6 months. It really helped!! Now they look so much better, completely white and can only see them if you look really close.
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    use cocoa butter on them every night and morning and they will slowly fade it worked great for the marks on top of my traps it takes a while tho. if it never gets better there is laser treatments for it but cocoa butter is a lot cheeper!

I agree with the cocoa butter. Get the purest cocoa butter you can find. Regular cocoa butter lotion really doesn't have much in it. When I was in my late teens I was thrown off of a horse and it scraped my knee and my shoulder pretty bad. After it healed my friend gave me a stick of pure cocoa butter to put on it. I decided to put it on my shoulder and not my knee just to see if it works (I was not the brightest at 18, lol). Needless to say now I have NO scare at all on my shoulder but I do on my knee. It might still work even though it is old but I have been too lazy to try. I keep forgetting to buy some at the store. I put it on morning and night (at least) and it worked amazingly. Plus it smells like chocolate...whats not to love? :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    scar not scare. :laugh:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter has been shown to not really improve the look, they naturally turn white after time; it's really just pure coincidence that most have faded.

I have tons of them, but I also have a daughter, small price to pay :)

I've found that being tan does lessen them, but they never really leave. I guess since I can't afford surgery, I'm gonna have to just deal with it.
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i really only want them to fade yes didnt put that real well lol. Only cause they are bright red and i dont feel comfortable in a bathing suit or anything. I did try bio oil for a while, might have to give it a bit longer. After a 1year and half after having my daughter they still hadnt faded :( so times not going to help i dont think
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    just posted this in another thread,

but i found a derma roller helps.
    it's time consuming and painful though.