Where you all hiding ?! Uk peeps

Options
Hello joined yesterday . Looking for friends I am 36 , have 45lbs minimum to lose based in London . Not that location really matters !!! I want to get fit and shift the lbs starting from scratch with exercise so any fitness fanantics looking to advise please add me !!
I am nice and don't bite lol ; )

Replies

• Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Hi there... I joined a few days ago. Ideally I'd like to lose a pound for every year of my life. :laugh:
    I'm 42 and in Cardiff. A couple of years ago I was 130lb (at 5'6") and endurance running & cycling. Well to cut a long story short I overdid it (mixed with unfortunate genetics) and ended up with a recurring hip problem which required a lot of rest. Then I met my man and we settled down and got faaaar too comfortable... So all of a sudden 18 months later I'm 170lb :noway:

My 'game plan' is that I've re-joined the gym, started with yoga and pilates, working my way up to going back to spinning & body pump this week... eeek... it's going to hurt! :embarassed: And I walk the dog every morning for about 40 mins... but I do that anyway.

Any encouraging friends welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Hey

I've been here a while, i'm from Derbyshire UK...

Feel free to add me too! :smile:

As you can see from my photo i'm a martial arts nut!
  • Lar349
    Lar349 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there I started yesterday so will look you up, it is good to have friends at the same place in the diet, we can spur eachother on, I am from the uk by the way, yeovil (pretty close to where the glastonbury festival is held) in somerset. Good luck all xx
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 36 & living in Somerset - feel free to add me if you like. I have currently lost about 2 stone, could do with losing at least another 1 or two... started strength training last month so more focussed on inches than pounds at the moment though.

Edited as I don't know where I live!! (posted Wiltshire originally)
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from Hertfordshire/North London area. Feel free to add me :-)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - I am from Anglesey North Wales and I have been here since March this year. You will find there is such a lot of encouragement and friendship on offer here on mfp - feel free to add me if you would like - always willing to offer encouragement :bigsmile: I have lost 19lbs so far and have at least another 30 to go :ohwell:
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    NW London here :) *wave*
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BOO!- fellow brit here :)

hiya, welcome to MFP! need to loose just over 2 stone, im always on here, feel free to add :) xx
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm on my 40th day here, from Edinburgh, new friends always welcome :smile:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Uk peep! :smile:

I have been on here since August last year and seriously tracking my food and excercise since January. All I can say is, you've come to the right place for motivation and support. Please feel free to add me, make sure your diary is open, this really helps people keep you accountable!

Good luck on your journey

PS In the groups search field look for Team UK, there's a few of us over there! :smile:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hey. I started on here 7th Jan this year. from the North East of England.

My food and exercise diary is open to the public - I'm not hiding anything from anyone, more importantly myself!

Good luck on your new lifestyle.

x
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Cheltenham here hello, *waves from tractor* feel free to add me anyone on this link

tim
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there, based near Loughborough in the midlands and need to lose ..... LOADS!! Welcome xx
  • SarahO1990
    Options
    Hiiiiiii, I'm based in Milton Keynes :-) feel free to add me :happy:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    On the south coast and been on MFP for 50 days, steady loss so far, some weeks more than others ;o)

Anyone feel free to add me if they want an encouraging friend! Diary is closed as I am being monitored by the doctor and it is just easier for me at the moment to focus on that.

All the best everyone!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Ive been here since Novemberish 2011, from Llanelli West Wales
    started C25K in January and running a 10K this Sunday:bigsmile:
    Best wishes and good luck with your journey:drinker:
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP!

I've been here a while and I'm in Surrey. Feel free to add me for support and motivation :)
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm in London I can see Buckingham Palace from my desk! I'm 5'9 want to lose 2-3 stone, have recently got engaged and will prob get married in a year or so.
    Feel free to add me as I need all the support I can get!
    Kate
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Paul best of luck with your 10k.

I just ordered myself an interval timer and may very cautiously re-start a bit of shuffling.

I almost wish I came to exercising for the first time, that way you've got nothing to live up to. It's so depressing all the things I can't do anymore... can't run for more than a couple of minutes now, can't do a proper press up any more, really inflexible now... I suspect I'll die a quiet death in spin tonight (first class in a year)...

I think getting back to 'normal' will be a long hard slog... :sick:
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from my office desk, listening to Adele on the radio looking out at a a cold, grey & extremely wet Oxfordshire - god surprised I haven't hung myself yet!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome to MFP - You've come to the right place - full of fab people & advice.

Good luck & feel free to add :flowerforyou:

Have a great day