Your coffee habits?

Options

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Any and all coffee. Hot, Iced, Black, with milk or cream always one real sugar, as sweeteners give me headaches...I try to limit it to a cup or two a week
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If I make it myself: Whatever coffee I have at home + whatever creamer I have at home. Currently it's Starbucks French roast coffee with Bailey's French vanilla creamer.

If I go to Starbucks for a treat: Mocha cookie crumble frappuccino, or whatever I feel like at that moment/seasonal/whatever; if I want something a little healthier, than it's my standard raspberry nonfat latte.

Other coffee places: Depends on what they got. :tongue:
  • msrobinson77
    msrobinson77 Posts: 177
    Options
    2-3 cups in the morning before work. I load it with all sorts of bad-for-you goodies, too. Another cup at night while I grade papers. I'm sure the ridiculous amount of calories I consume in coffee cream has slowed my progress, but I'm in this for the long haul. I would be a scary beast in the morning without my coffee!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I was a barista for close to 6 years so I LOOOOOVE my coffee. I cut back a couple years ago to the point were a half mug (so like 6 oz) would have me WIRED. lol that was kinda nice. But now my schedule is so ridiculous that I drink it as often as I can just to function. I'll have 3-4 cups in the morning and if I'm at home doing homework i'll make a second pot (kind of weak) and sip on it throughout the day.

At home I take it with a splash of organic unsweetened soy milk and sometimes a little almond extract.
    If I go to starbucks i usually get a soy latte or a soy misto (or cafe au lait - similar to a latte but with regular drip coffee instead of espresso) unless I'm feeling adventurous and then you don't want to be near me when I place my obscure order. :laugh:
  • khali99
    khali99 Posts: 1
    Options
    2 cups a day, we buy Starbucks ground coffee and brew it everyday. I used to drink 5-6 cups per day but, down to 2 cups. I need a kick start in the morning!!:smile:
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, always joking that I would love a coffee IV drip. I normally make mine at home -- Folgers half caf (half the caffeine) withi low fat french vanilla creamer. Usually 10 cups a day or so.
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of coffee with breakfast, and mostly another one in the early evening... Black ofcourse!
    I try to limit it though, because I already drink like 5 cups of tea a day too o.o
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee cold with cinnamon bun creamer. Usually have 3-4 I can't function unless i have my coffee.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    I'm a tea girl - Twinings English Breakfast, skimmed milk, no sugar, but I'll have a skinny single shot latte if you're paying :wink:
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Any kind of coffee except decaf, black no sugar, I have never really tried surviving without it...I would be too scared to see the results lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee made by myself, with a little bit of sugar and a little flavored creamer. Yes, I can function without it, but it helps!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for coffee I wouldn't survive!! Black no sugar, very strong, though I do love a skinny iced given the chance... I drink far too much but it's my only vice - sad to say!!!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Fresh ground homemade French Roast coffe with French vanilla creamer.... Everyday, no matter what.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Love our Keurig..... Drink Coffee People Donut Shop blend, it is a medium roast and I add 2 spoonful of Domino Pure Cane sugar and 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Creamer... Only do 1 in the morning to wake me up..

My keurig was the best purchase decision ever! I also go with coffee people donut shop. I have 3-4 cups a day-with equal & fat-free half & half. I absolutely cannot go without coffee-and since a cup is only 20-something calories, I can drink up!
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    Trying to swap Coffee for Green Tea. I still drink 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day but replace my previous 3 to 4 additional for Green Tea.

I love coffee :)
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :sick: Can't touch it! Used to drink it black. Then went off it when I was pregnant 13 years ago - now can't drink it without feeling sick and getting headaches! I only drink water now and the very occassional fruit tea. (And Vodka of course!!) :drinker:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Love Dunkin Donuts.. In the summer time, I could live off their Iced Mocha Coffee's with Skim Milk and Sugar.

Starbucks Frappucino's are not bad either.. Get a tall Carmel Light one, and it doesn't totally bust my calorie goal.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    my choices are jamaican-my brother brings me a load home once or twice a year.....other times it's cafe bustelo or lavazza from the local italian store... taken with a little sweetener.

yes, i function perfectly well without.. but generally have 1/2 -3/4 of a pot every other morning and reheat the left overs.

I don't do starbucks.. it tastes burned to me... probably because I don't laittefufu it up...

when I'm not home, it's usually the flavor of the day at Dancing Goat. again with some sweetener.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to black coffee by a co-worker when I had started limiting my calorie intake, at the beginning of my lifestyle change. The diet my doc put me on considered black coffee a "freebie", so I started drinking it instead of diet soda. I LOVE McDonalds coffee (black of course) and get a large every morning before work. Happily sipping it as I write this! :D I wouldn't say I can't function without coffee, as I have mornings when I don't have time to stop and get one and I'm fine. I try not to have any caffeine after lunch. And for some reason, I absolutely love the coffee they serve at Bob Evans!!! We go there every Sunday and I have at least 4-5 large cups!
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I heard my name being called....

Two grande Starbucks dark roast in the morning, and an occasional short dark roast after lunch, if I need a kick in the pants. Half and half with real sugar.

An occasional iced skinny latte when the hot weather sets in - like today!