For those who've done/are doing/want to do the couch to 5k

Options
I'm starting the couch to 5k program Wednesday, I'm pretty nervous so for all who have done the program, want to start it, or are doing it now please add me!!

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm just finished day 1 of week 2. It's a great program and it starts small, so while it's challenging, I don't feel like I want to give up. You'll do great and imagine how accomplished you'll feel at the end!
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! I'll send you a friend request. Anyone else who wants to add me please feel free! :-)
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend! It's how I started 2 years ago. Currently training for my first marathon. You will love C25K! You can do it!!!
  • iluvchad4
    iluvchad4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started two weeks ago, but have not been able to follow it like I wanted. Gona restart it this Sat now that my schedule has calmed down & can do it 3 days a week. It's pretty easy to follow & like the program says start off running at a slow pace & you will gain speed later on in the program. Good luck!!
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    Bump
  • jewelzjulie
    Options
    i just printed it off yesterday to start!!
  • ines1966
    ines1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started three weeks ago and I LOVE it - i signed up for a 5K to keep me motivted - i feel so energized. Good luck to everyone
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I started it in February. I repeated some weeks, had some weeks off for holidays and laziness and so on, but I finished it in April. In May I did my first 5k race. On Sunday, I did my first 10k! I am now working on improving my speed before I try and add any more distance. I've just done 5k in 31 minutes. (literally, still in sweaty gym kit writing this!) At the start of the year, running for two minutes was all I could manage. It works! Add me if you want a cheerleader for couch to 5k!
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    just starting with week 4 :)
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I started a couple weeks ago, but had the flu last week, running was not an option. I did get to do it last night, finally, and it felt great!!! I've never been a runner, even as a kid, but this program makes me feel like I can do it!! It fits in with my workout schedule and I like how you can repeat a week if you need to. Good luck to everyone.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did week 1, day 2 last night, looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the replies and comments on this thread
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's a great program! My BFF started doing it and I was all, NO WAY IN HELL WILL I EVER RUN WITH YOU. Funny, now she's almost done with it, I have started it. I have exercise induced asthma so I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to do it, but I was surprised when I found I could!! I'm a red, sweaty mess when I am done but it feels SOOO good, I may have to repeat a few weeks here and there to build my lungs up but I know I can do it! And when I walk now, I find myself actually just wanting to run after a bit. Pretty amazing program!! Good luck! :)
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    i am wanting to do it so bad! If it would only stop raining!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    the worst thing about it is the music!! lol :bigsmile:
    Good luck x
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    This was the first program I did when I joined MFP. Good luck!!!
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    Just finished it!!!

still a big person, but I can run like a t-rex!!!

ran 2.09 miles non-stop monday night with no problem.

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    the worst thing about it is the music!! lol :bigsmile:
    Good luck x

if you have an Android phone the rundouble.com app allows you to use your own playlists!!

I love that app!
  • wellingfamily507
    wellingfamily507 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tonight is our first day of training, I walk with some other softball moms on Tuesday and Thursday nights during our daughters 2 hour practice, we walk 6.25 miles in 1hour and 50 minutes, there are 5 of us that walk, and a runner dad told us we should do the Akron Marathon as a Relay team, SO here we go with training, we are 16 weeks out! Very Excited, I ran my first mile on Sunday morning, and felt GREAT! super excited to get started this evening!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    I started C25K in January of this year. I repeated two of the weeks due to travel and schedule difficulties. Loved the program. I am now running 7 to 10 K on my long runs and 5K on short days. I am only 1/3 of my way to goal weight so it feels really good to run those distances. Google for C25K Podcast list and phone apps, I found those really helpful. It is a wonderful program and you will do great. Bon Chance!
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did Wk1 Day1 last night and am glad to say I got through it fine, even though it was raining! I took advice and bought running shoes before I started, I got a long sleeved running top (because of the rain) and wore a baseball cap and hardly noticed the rain at all!

All you people who did this and now run 5k - 10k are so inspiring! I hope to be like you guys later in the year! :happy: