my knees creak - can I do JM 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm a partial amputee (lost half my foot) and I still do it. I just modify when I can't do something (like jumping jacks). Just give it a go! You never know until you try!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have knee issues and the 30ds was hard on them until I started doing it barefoot. It made a huge difference. You might try that if you have trouble once you get started.

haha I sometimes do it barefoot as well. I've often thought of making a message board post to ask people if they thought that was a bad idea. I have hardwood floors which seem to be slick when popping out of some of her moves, when I have tennis shoes on. Jumping jacks also seem to be better done barefoot. Maybe we're just weirdos? haha
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    Form is imprtant and use the modifications, think about getting a mirror to see your form. Im on day 8 and today did more "advanced" moves than the modfified ones. It is a great work out. The above posts have some really good advice. Strength training is very important for bone and joint health. Good Luck :) I also like The Firm.
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    I have knee issues and the 30ds was hard on them until I started doing it barefoot. It made a huge difference. You might try that if you have trouble once you get started.

haha I sometimes do it barefoot as well. I've often thought of making a message board post to ask people if they thought that was a bad idea. I have hardwood floors which seem to be slick when popping out of some of her moves, when I have tennis shoes on. Jumping jacks also seem to be better done barefoot. Maybe we're just weirdos? haha

I alternate between barefoot and shoes. ;)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Target, etc.

If anything your knees will get stronger. Just listen to your body and do only what you can do.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I alternate between barefoot and shoes. ;)

We must be the cool kids! lol
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm not even 30 yet and my knees creek all the time thanks to many years of playing sports, I've done 30DS and had no problems :)
  • kathyl05
    kathyl05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I had knee surgery in October for arthritis and a torn meniscus; my orthopedist said the only thing I can absolutely not do is squats. He's not crazy about paddle tennis either ; ) I would talk to a doctor about your particular situation.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee (basically no cartilage, you can hear it popping and grinding when I work out) and just started 30DS yesterday. I did fine with it, but we'll see if that keeps up :)
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Follow up question that I just thought of.....what size weights do you use?

Thanks for all the great responses....I'm going to get it on amazon right now!
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did five lbs. when I was doing it.