Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!....from a diabetic. :)
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am currently trying to do the same thing. I was so happy to read that someone else has been successful at it :) Good luck to you and your health
  • eliyan2008
    Options
    Congrats! My doc told me I was pre-diabetic too and my cholesterol levels are too high and wanted to put me on Lipitor. I told the doc no, I am going to manage with diet and exercise.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
  • laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was also told I was pre- diabetic since loosing 20 lbs my blood work came back good too! watching carbs really helped and I don't miss all that bread at all. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! You're lucky. Some of us are stuck in "pre-diabetic" mode. (My maternal grandmother suffered from high blood sugars, never got diabetes but died of a stroke at 70 - so diabetes is just one bad thing that high blood sugar can do). My father is diabetic, my older brother is diabetic. Going Primal/Paleo got rid of the blood sugar crashes and the shakes and intense hunger that came with them but the damage in me isn't reversible (thanks ancestry!!!)

Keep up with it. I don't want anyone to go through what I'm seeing my dad go through (and where my brother is headed since his doctor is a quack!! C'mon a high-carb diet for a diabetic??!!)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just got this same great news the other day. It IS a HUGE success story! Please don't sell yourself short! It's an amazing accomplishment!!!! So happy for you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is totally a success!!! Good for you! It's not just about the pounds. I think just overall being healthier is so much more important!
  • Congrats to ya! That is exactly what I am trying to do. :)
  • Getmy1back
    Options
    Very nice! I'm in the same boat, and am hoping to jump out of it some in the near future. Keep it up!
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Way to go, I am on that journey myself. I am down 14 lbs and working to keep it going. I have a long long path yet to go.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this counts as a success story as I still have a looooong way to go.... but - I just had blood results back and I'm no longer pre-diabetic! Still got a lot of work to do, and the fasting glucose is still at the high end of normal, but - back in the safe zone after losing just 20 pounds!

Awesome work! That's what I am trying to get to as well.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's a wonderful start !

A similar thing happened to me ...... classic case of denial, of course ....... in spite of my doctor's warnings, I let myself get to a point where I needed diabetic meds ...... was so shocked that I immediately made small changes in food & cooking methods ...... I knew abrupt changes would never last ....... then I began walking around the neighborhood ....... eventually bought a treadmill & actually used it LOL After losing 25# the doc took me off the meds ....... (but my health insurance company still labels me a diabetic)

For the past 2 years I've maintained a 40+ lb loss ...... fast food places are a thing of the past ....... I go to the gym 5-6 days a week for cardio, weights and yoga ...... my husband also lost some weight ....... when we dine out, I always have a huge salad with a protein and double veggies, no starch ....... it's an easily-managed lifestyle .....

But a woman's (or man's) work is never done when it comes to health ...... my new doctor is encouraging me to lose an additional 10-15# ...... plus really amp up the cardio ....... and I'm game !

Best of luck on your journey ..... one meal at a time, one step at a time !
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!
  • diverdiver
    diverdiver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told me I was pre-diabetes back in March. I go Thrusday to see if I've beaten it. I hope I have good news as well...

My fingers are crossed for you! Good luck!
  • diverdiver
    diverdiver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your lovely comments guys! And good luck to all of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!