Slowly going down hill.

Options
I started out fabulously... Eating clean and doing Slim in 6 daily. I'm also trying to plan a wedding (my main motivation to get the weight off!), so I'm a bit stressed and very busy. I've neglected my workouts for the last couple of days and am sitting here with absolutely no motivation to get up and get it done. Although I'm still eating (relatively) clean, I'm feeling disappointed in myself and very sluggish. I tried Power 90 at the beginning of the week and pulled a muscle in my arm and I think I just got discouraged for not doing it right somehow and from that point on, I've been feeling a bit useless!

How can I get out of this slump? I think I need a good kick in the butt!

Replies

• deekennedy33
    deekennedy33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Join the gym like I do. Now the Y at my area has the Get Fit challenge for 11 weeks committed to fitness. Myself and a friend (we work at the same office) joined the challenge and so far we go to aerobic classes together and abs class. I go to boot camp class and spinning class in the morning. Exercise is like ritual to me. I also have eliptical machine and recumbent bike at home for those rainy days at the gym. Don't forget DVD and DVD player is another cheap way to work out at home. My favorite is The Firm DVDs, I got hook on aerobics after the Firm and it gave me result quick.

Good luck and take care :smile:
    Dee
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    19 lbs lost is something excellent you have to remind yourself of. If you achieved that, you can keep doing it.

Totally understand how you feel. I had a rough week recently because of a cold and didn't feel motivated to do anything, even watch what I eat. It was after that week that I decided to try and recommit to visiting MFP on a regular basis for the support and the accountability.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    We ALL go through this and sometimes we just need the break to get us going again! Go for a long walk outside to get the body movin and breathe fresh air to rejuvinate the mind/lungs! You have done an awesome job now go get the pay check!!!
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with Goblin...
    19lbs is AWESOME! Go to the grocery store and pick up one of those big sacks of potatoes. You've lost TWO of those. It puts things in prespective of how far you've come and how hard you've worked to get there.

You can do this.

We all have little slumps from time to time, and that's okay.
    Just remember that it happens and to forgive yourself....then try again tomorrow :D
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had an exercise slump too recently (maybe it's the gloomy weather), but after seeing no weight loss results for a week or more, and a pound gained, I decided to start walking again. I walk fast for 10 or 15 minutes in the AM, and jog for 5 minutes, then stretch, so at the most I'm spending 20 minutes in the morning. It really kick starts my day, and then doing 5 or 10 minutes in the hour before bed lifting 3lb weights and doing situps and crunches really sets me up for a good night of weight loss. So it doesn't have to mean a lot of time or even sweat, just the motivation. Good luck!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    We all go threw a slump of some sort....19 lbs is a lot to be proud of! Banks or Boss wrote these great Kick in the Butt articles...I'll repost them here if you don't already have them..... I know your not a newbie but he has really some great words.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

You can do it:drinker:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Slumps suck! But they definitely happen. It's why I always wanna kick people who are always happy. :-P Haha. Because, in my opinion, there's no way that you'll not get into some kinda slump at some point in your life! Some it happens to more than others, and some rarely go through one at all. But hey, they happen! Trust me, I don't know how many I've had. I was going through a really large one this summer, but I started getting serious again just recently and I've lost 4 lbs in one week already. And you have lost 19 lbs! That's amazing! I only wish I could be where you are right now. :-)

Sometimes I find what helps is reading people's success stories here. You're doing this because apart of you wants to prove that you can do it, right? You need that bit of competition or knowledge that you're capable to get out of that slump. That's what motivates me! Not to mention, if you quit now and just go back to where you started, you'll REALLY wanna kick yourself in a month or so when you realize all the work you put in has gone to waste! Trust me, no one likes that feeling.

Stick with it, but don't feel that bad if you take a few days off. It happens. Even healthy, fit people have crappy days.
  • emmapasse
    Options
    Thank you all! This is just what I needed. After I pulled the muscle I almost felt like I wasn't cut out for all this. I hate feeling so pathetic, it's absolutely not who I am at all!

You are all awesome, thank you! I think I will grab my water bottle and start my work out now! :wink:
  • emmapasse
    Options
    Great workout! Maybe I can do Power 90 after all!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great to know we could help!