Tickers on your desktop?

Options
Hey y'all!! I was just wondering if there's any way to use the html codes to get your personal ticker to display on your desktop (even if it only updates when you're connected to the net.) I'm on my computer a lot and it would be a real motivator to constantly having " (this much) pds to go!" staring me in the face every time I turned on my laptop.
Thanks!!!

Replies

• azurewitch
    azurewitch Posts: 21
    Options
    That's a good idea, it would be nice to have a widget for the desk top.

For now I just make MFP my home page. I post the badge everywhere because if its one thing I don't like, its telling people I'm going to do something and then not doing it...lol
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know it's not by mfp, but if you use windows I know there are weight loss widgets you can get for your sidebar :) you can update them both on weigh in day if you like.
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh that would be just as good haha. I'd just like a ticker in general. Where did you find these?
  • Sepheara
    Options
    hmm you could probably find them in the gallery. I know with vista they were supported, and in windows 7 also. my husband has a bunch of them.
    As in Windows Vista, you add and manage your Windows Gadgets with the Desktop Gadget Gallery application. To display this application, right-click the desktop and choose Gadgets.

I know there are some that show RSS feeds also, so ther may be a html one to show your ticker, i'm not sure because I don't use them as much as my husband.
  • solarfish
    solarfish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Microsoft shut down the windows live gallery last year. It is no longer possible to find and download new gadgets though ones you have installed will continue to work. The 'top' 30 gadgets are the only ones that remain for download until we all move across to Windows 8! Information at this address http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/downloads/personalize/gadgets.
  • Cobb_66
    Options
    Thank you so much! I didn't find one directly from windows but upon searching around for them I found one I could download (:
  • Sepheara
    Options
    Microsoft shut down the windows live gallery last year. It is no longer possible to find and download new gadgets though ones you have installed will continue to work. The 'top' 30 gadgets are the only ones that remain for download until we all move across to Windows 8! Information at this address http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/downloads/personalize/gadgets.

OHHHH I'm sorry :( I didn't know. I guess my hubbys have just had all of them this whole time. . .
  • solarfish
    Options
    I'm just putting one together myself, not developed a gadget before but seems easy enough. I'll post it here when I'm done.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use lilyslim.com for my desktop ticker needs. It goes right into my sidebar and I log into lilyslim each morning to update my weight (if it changed).

This way, I can keep track of my current weight loss without having to update my MFP ticker daily. I only update my weight loss on MFP once a week, usually.
  • solarfish
    Options
    I created a Windows Gadget, see what you think, you can find it at the following link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9303770/MFP Ticker.gadget

Once you have downloaded the file simply double click on it to install. Once installed it will display a default 10lb lost ticker. To display your own ticker you need to grab the URL of the image that makes up your ticker. The easiest way to do this is to right click where the image appears (beneath your post for example or in the tools section of the site) and copy the image URL. Once you have the URL you need to paste it into the option box for the gadget.

Hope that all makes sense, if you have any problems just reply to this thread.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I created a Windows Gadget, see what you think, you can find it at the following link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9303770/MFP Ticker.gadget

Once you have downloaded the file simply double click on it to install. Once installed it will display a default 10lb lost ticker. To display your own ticker you need to grab the URL of the image that makes up your ticker. The easiest way to do this is to right click where the image appears (beneath your post for example or in the tools section of the site) and copy the image URL. Once you have the URL you need to paste it into the option box for the gadget.

Hope that all makes sense, if you have any problems just reply to this thread.

I tried out your gadget, it works great! Good job!
  • Cobb_66
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!!! :D
  • waisttodiefor
    Options
    thank you so much for the tikr:D
  • vonixx69
    Options
    trying to get it to work. Not sure what i am doing wrong?
  • xcmmnctd
    xcmmnctd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you Solarfish.
    Was just trying to make this myself but couldn't get it to work, much appreciated!