CX works??

Options
Anyone try Les Mills CX Works? I just got my first ever gym membership and as part of the orientation they put you into a few classes to try them out, this is the one they signed me up for Thursday, a little nervous!! I'm so not in shape and not 100% sure what to expect from this class, anyone have any insight? Freaking out a little about the idea of the gym lol (I don't like new things, it's silly I know)

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Bump, anyone?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know about that class specifically, but in my experience, every class I've taken has been pretty forgiving to newbies. They will coach you through it. Maybe you can go a couple minutes early and introduce yourself to the instructor and tell him/her that you're new, and they will take care of you.

Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It is only a half hour class, 6 tracks that works your core. I love it, also love body attack and bodypump. Those are my favourite les mills classes. The instructors will usually show easy options for the harder moves. With CX worx they always say to work on form first. Enjoy, before you know it you will be addicted to the classes.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    It is only a half hour class, 6 tracks that works your core. I love it, also love body attack and bodypump. Those are my favourite les mills classes. The instructors will usually show easy options for the harder moves. With CX worx they always say to work on form first. Enjoy, before you know it you will be addicted to the classes.

Thank you! I guess i'm a little worried going in with everyone who already knows what they're doing, but if they cover 'beginner' stuff in every class then that's not so bad.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    People are too busy making sure they're doing the moves to notice if you goof. Besides, its not a big deal if you do. I go all the time and still mess up. Go have fun! :)
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    People are too busy making sure they're doing the moves to notice if you goof. Besides, its not a big deal if you do. I go all the time and still mess up. Go have fun! :)

This is true, also most of everyone around you is also struggling. These are the types of classes that you can start as a beginner or start as an athlete and still be challenged. Bring your own level of intensity. Everyone starts somewhere different.