F$%^ a Watch.... Who remembers....

Options

Replies

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Mine were tighter and neater than these...

Were?

You guys make it sound like you don't wear your pants like this anymore... or did I miss another fashion change? Dammit! I just learned a few weeks ago that parachute pants are out of style, and now you're telling me we're not supposed to roll our jeans anymore? I wish someone would tell me this stuff sooner. :tongue:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Were?

You guys make it sound like you don't wear your pants like this anymore... or did I miss another fashion change? Dammit! I just learned a few weeks ago that parachute pants are out of style, and now you're telling me we're not supposed to roll our jeans anymore? I wish someone would tell me this stuff sooner. :tongue:

LOL! I will be sure to send you the next memo that comes out on fashion changes...I think the skinny jeans memo went out...but got missed by a few...
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Were?

pssst you arent suppose to wear your jeans like that anymore, but if you do I wont laugh at ya
  • mommy2AR
    Options

Were?

LOL! I will be sure to send you the next memo that comes out on fashion changes...I think the skinny jeans memo went out...but got missed by a few...
    Ive never worn them... and would probably laugh at any guy who did

personally if a girl has curves the skinny jeans just make you look odd, lol
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Were?

Ive never worn them... and would probably laugh at any guy who did

personally if a girl has curves the skinny jeans just make you look odd, lol

I am just making sure my son doesn't wear them....He is my only son...can't mess up a chance and ending the family tree...
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    a girls hair was nothing without a whole can of Aquanet with bangs built up like the Berlin wall
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    a girls hair was nothing without a whole can of Aquanet with bangs built up like the Berlin wall

The higher the bang...the more awesome she was!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Loved them I remember they stopped selling them because the metal would get through and cut your hand. They actually sell them again

What about the slap bracelets? :) lol
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, the memories!!! I remember having a slap bracelet (that I bought at the skating rink) that had the Hammer phrase "Cant Touch This" on it. My dad thought it was dirty and made me throw it out!!! :cry: He'd never heard the song!! :laugh:
  • mommy2AR
    Options
    Loved them I remember they stopped selling them because the metal would get through and cut your hand. They actually sell them again

What about the slap bracelets? :) lol

lol yep... I had been cut by them a couple times
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I had some bird nest bangs!!
  • mommy2AR
    Options
    Ahhhh, the memories!!! I remember having a slap bracelet (that I bought at the skating rink) that had the Hammer phrase "Cant Touch This" on it. My dad thought it was dirty and made me throw it out!!! :cry: He'd never heard the song!! :laugh:

That is just an awesome story, LOL
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    With the digital age and cell phones it is amazing to see who does not even wear watches anymore and how kids have a hard time reading a traditional watch. I sometimes will tall a kid when they ask what time it is that it is a "quarter til eleven"... They look at me as if they don't understand (high schoolers)... I translate it back to 10:45 and then they are like ... Oh, ok....
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I was a bit on the younger end of this stuff but I remember side poytails, puffy bangs, slap bracelets, and the t-shirt clips. (Those slap bracelets could be used as a weapon against siblings, they hurt!)

What about color change stuff?!?! I remember having a purple sweater that if I blew on the sleeve it would turn pink! I remember having all sorts of color change stuff. Pens, shirts, slap bracelets... So cool!
  • mommy2AR
    Options
    Thats pretty sad... to be honest I hate the way a watch feels and always use my phone to see what time it is. BUT I do know what a quarter till eleven means...lol
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cant say I ever pencil fought....but how about de-pantsing a person? This was best in gym class :laugh:

LOL! I do I do remember doing that...
    Only done it once... because you do it to someone and 5 more people will try it on you :huh:

I use to walk while holding the front of my pants....

oh and de-pantsing was way easy on someone wearing hammer pants....buahahaha!

LMAO!! yeah but if you were wearing those awesome stonewashed jeans that you rolled the bottoms up, well it was a bit harder ;)

No way! I rolled my jeans up too..

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Wait...wait...wait....those socks are not scrunched enough or puffy enough! :tongue: My sis would wear two pairs of socks too and different colors.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ok who remembers "Get in Shape Girl"
    tshirtgraphic.jpg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I had three Swatches, and pegged my pants, and had thick slouchy socks (that took forEVER to dry int he dryer!), spiral wrap perm for maximum hair volume.... :bigsmile: I still have a pair of my Levi's 501 with the washing instructions on the inside tag from my senior year of high school. I'm losing weight, but unfortunately not enough to fit in those things again. :laugh: And have no delusions that I will, either! LOL

Ah, good memories.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Swatch when I went to Paris :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Were?

I would much rather see this again than the saggy pants dragging off the butt and on the ground, and over the modern-day skinny jeans as well! Long live the pegged pants! :tongue: