Your coffee habits?

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my morning coffee - I drink it black, home-brewed, Peet's is my favorite. I usually have about 2 cups - used to drink a lot more, nursing mug all morning long, but since I started regular morning workouts & drinking more water, I usually just have the big breakfast mug and that's it.
  • mrscaptainj2011
    mrscaptainj2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Between my husband and I, we go through a bag of starbucks coffee every 3-4 days. I cant function without coffee, its so bad that my husband knows to not even talk to me in the morning until I have one cup of coffee down. Usually when I get up I take a shower and he sets a cup of joe on the bothroom counter for me and shuts the door, when the door opens he knows it safe to talk lol. Its a bad habit.
  • jlcl119
    jlcl119 Posts: 51
    Options
    Usually one, sometimes two, 10-oz cup every morning. We favor Green Mountain brand, any flavor, sometimes from a K-cup. I drink it with one tsp. of sugar and 2 Tbsp. of half-and-half.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Coffee is vital to my functioning. I usually drink 6-8 cups a day, preferably Starbucks French Roast. Black.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I technically CAN function without coffee, but I don't like to. It's far more enjoyable for everyone involved if I have my coffee.

Nothing fancy for me, just some pre-ground New England or Green Mountain brewed at home or in the K machine. I use Splenda if we have it, sugar if we don't, plus some flavored creamer.

I also love getting coffee from Dunks or Mary Lou's (local chain). From places like that I get a flavored coffee with cream & sugar.

If I'm home all day, I'll have approx 32 ounces. If I'm out running errands, I always get a medium in addition to whatever I've had at home.
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One mug. Black. Completely addicted. (was at four cups a day, so I've cut back. I get headaches without drinking ANY in the morning)

I like to use good quality (fair trade) coffees because I drink it black. They have a nice, smooth taste.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Keurig for me.

Green Mountain Golden French Toast every morning. Although, I may have to cheat on it with some Folger's Vanilla Biscotti.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    K-cups all day
    Green Mountain - Breakfast Blend with a splash of agave nectar and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. One cup for the drive to work in the morning.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Filter, dark roasted... don't mess around with the portions or you'll lose a hand :laugh:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Folgers original roast one to two cups a day and I like it black
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks (or other coffee shops) skinny vanilla iced lattes. I make my own though which are WAY cheaper:

6 oz cold water
    1/2 tbsp instant coffee crystals
    2 tbsp sugar free vanilla syrup
    3 tbsp fat free half and half

Stir and add ice. Voila! 32 calories and delicious.

I drink one of these Mon-Fri in the mornings and rarely drink coffee on the weekends.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I bring an entire pot with me every day. My husband sets it up the night before (I usually prefer a hazelnut). I have a thermal carafe. I add a couple of TBSP of Land o Lakes fat free half & half. I drink it all between 5:30am and 8:30.....I gave up diet soda, so you all can keep your thoughts to yourself about my coffee habit!!!! :grumble:
  • auuudriana
    auuudriana Posts: 18
    Options
    I'll have an iced coffee from work (McDonald's) when I'm on my break like once or twice a week. I put nonfat milk and lots of splenda in mine though instead of creme and liquid sugar.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee whenever I could , I also would get through 2 litres of energy drinks
    Now I have a mug of coffee in the morning and dont drink as much caffeine
  • bluegalcc
    bluegalcc Posts: 9
    Options
    Maxwell House, two cups ...first with little 2% milk, second with milk plus one packet Unjury unflavored protein powder(80 cals and 20 g protein) :glasses: Could not have coffee one morning last week due to knee surgery and got a terriffic caffeine headache,.....
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    Keurig coffee. Lots of it. I usually drink 2 cups of Gloria Jean's butter toffee. I was using 1 tsp of sugar but have switched to the splenda/sugar blend to try to wean off the sugar. So far, so good. I absolutely have to have coffee mate french vanilla creamer though. I tried the sugar free and can't do it. My coffee and creamer are necessities for me and I'd rather not eat and save my calories for my coffee. At least once a week I hit the Starbucks and get a Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato. I have really done well not going there. I use to go every morning.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Normally I'm a one big cup of decaf with 2T bliss creamer mixed in once a day sort of girl BUT I just got back from Seattle so I've been drinking real coffee more than once a day. I need to ween myself off again. Uggghhhh!
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    Tell me what kind, how you drink it and can you function without it?

I enjoy a Starbucks iced coffee with a little milk and two splenda. Everyday.

I have to have an Iced Coffee everyday :)
    Veranda blend K cup with french vanilla creamer and 3 sugars add ice and enjoy...
    well that was before my daughter knocked my Keurig off the table and broke the reservoir
    so now I have nothing :*( until my replacement comes in....
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I've changed my coffee habits drastically. Used to drink 7-8 cups a day. Now i'm 1 large 3cream 1sweetener per day and sometimes I don't even finish that. Gotta have something to get me going in the morning though.
  • 13stephen
    13stephen Posts: 1
    Options
    2 cups of coffee cream w splendia. on days off from work i can function without it.