Do you have a favorite post-apacolyptic movie?

Options
Trail_Addict
Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
Book of Eli, Road Warrior (series), The Day After, A Boy and His Dog, etc, etc.

Do you have a favorite post-apocalyptic book, movie, or show (excluding zombies on this one)?

I like the movie The Road (although a few scenes are a little over-the-top), and also the book "Patriots".

What about you?

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The original Road Warrior was my favorite until Book of Eli.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    My favorites

80's
    Road Warrior
    Terminator

90's
    Independance Day
    T2

00's
    I am Legend
    Book of Eli

I had to remove the zombie movies
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Book of Eli was a great movie!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Does "I am Legend" count in the zombie category?
    I'm really trying to think of other movies that fit this category but I haven't seen too many.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Does "I am Legend" count in the zombie category?
    I'm really trying to think of other movies that fit this category but I haven't seen too many.

I am Legend falls in Vampire I believe
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Independence Day, 2012, Deep Impact, Armageddon, The Day After Tomorrow....

I love disaster/apocolypse movies - have lost count of how many times I've watched Independence Day... gotta love it.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I might be a little odd but I always liked Costner's "The Postman" in this genere.
  • maybethistime70
    Options
    I might be a little odd but I always liked Costner's "The Postman" in this genere.

LOVE Postman :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

I love disaster/apocolypse movies - have lost count of how many times I've watched Independence Day... gotta love it.

2012 is most definitely a good one for me...I didn't see a lot people talking about it...but I liked a lot
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Book of Eli. Even though I seem to be the only one of my friends that likes it.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    There's a really bad post-apocalyptic movie made in the 80s that I've been trying to recall the name of it. It's killing me lol. The basic plot: 'The Man" steals and controls all the world's water. A group of teens on rollerblades, no less, run away from a sort of refugee camp for kids and save the world with the help of an alien orb. If anyone recognizes the plot and knows the name, please let me know! xoxoxo!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The Road is badass!

I also love the Matrix series.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Postman
    Book of Eli
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

^^This! I've probably seen Independence Day and Armageddon more than a dozen times each.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    There's a really bad post-apocalyptic movie made in the 80s that I've been trying to recall the name of it. It's killing me lol. The basic plot: 'The Man" steals and controls all the world's water. A group of teens on rollerblades, no less, run away from a sort of refugee camp for kids and save the world with the help of an alien orb. If anyone recognizes the plot and knows the name, please let me know! xoxoxo!

Not "Waterworld"?
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The Day After scared the *kitten* out of me! I was about 13 when that movie came out and all you heard about was nuclear war. Most of the schools that I went to up that point were designated fall out shelters. A portion of the movie was filmed 3 blocks from home at a hospital under demolition. I watched movie one time and that was all it took!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options

Not "Waterworld"?

Definitely not "Waterworld." This movie was absolutely horrible (LOL)
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Not "Waterworld"?
    Definitely not "Waterworld." This movie was absolutely horrible (LOL)

I agree...
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    "The Stand" miniseries. Awesome. Pretty close to the book, too.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love just about any apacolyptic or post movie, although I think the Road warrior series is sooooo dumb! I am a nut for apacolyptic movies I REALLY LOVE the show on AMC The Walking Dead LOVE, LOVE,LOVE it! Also really liked Jericho until they took it off.