how long does it take to see weight gain

Options
so anyway.. this whole week i have lost no weight at all... i have exercised atleast an hour monday-thurs... cardio plus 30 day shred. Today I just burned about 200 calories doing an exercise dvd. I thought i ate decently but see no weight loss.. so i guess i just got annoyed and had the need to eat. Its not that i had cake and ice cream cuz i didnt... but i did eat a lot today ... for dinner a slice of pizza.. some pasta (take out... its so delicious that im sure it has to be fattening.. not sure whats in the sauce) and i had a burger (the burger alone is 6 Weight watcher points)... and i also had a heavy lunch (an Indian rice dish plus an indian sweet dish)...

i am by no means overweight and I am breastfeeding my 5 month old... so anyway...

how long will it take for me to see this weight gain on the scale?
why didnt i lose any weight this week? i lost like 2 kg last week... and can i have some encouragment that its not the end of the world and that i can work it out next week?

I would only like to lose about 15 pounds to be at my dream weight which is the lowest I should be in my BMI but for my petite body tone its the only way i look slim :) I can feel muscles that i've never had but i still have a layer of fat over them so they cant be noticed in the mirror.

I started exercising to the 30 day shred on the 30th of september and added cardio like 2 1/2 weeks ago

Edited to add: ok so i added everything to my fitness pal and taking into consideration 400 extra calories for breastfeeding and my exercise today i only went over y like 10 points.. but the thing thats weird is that i haven't been eating nearly this much the last 2 weeks.. i'm probably eating around 400 calories less a day.

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Be patient! I lost 4 lbs the first week on this site, the second week nothing, now being on the 3rd week, another lb. So, sometimes you won't see results. Gotta give your body time to adjust! Weigh yourself in another couple days and I bet there will be some loss!

:happy:
  • myztic
    myztic Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    did you eat the same way as the first week and do as much exercise? I just hope my body is not holding on to the weight because it thinks it needs it for breastfeeding . (I breastfed my son weighing less than this)
  • reefkeeper
    Options
    Do you keep track of sodium? It can make a big difference in weight. That and to much protein. Can make you retain weight.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You just started working out and eating light?

Your body is transitioning, anything could be happening. You might be retaining water. Give it a little more time. This ain't a sprint. :smile:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat... Maybe you are toning... try taking measurements and comparing those (about every 3 weeks) and don't be so hard on yourself. If you take one day at a time, the weight will come off.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    relatively, you don't have that much to lose, so even though you have yourself set at a pound a week, you might not actually lose that fast.

there will be weeks were you lose more than one pound, and there will be weeks where you won't even lose (with the added possibility of gaining). these are all ups and downs, but they will lead you to your goal.

make sure you exercise and eat enough calories. its going to take some time, but as your body adjusts, the weight will start to come off.
    :heart: aisha

edit: also, be sure to take measurements. a lot of the time, the changes in our bodies are not recognized by the scale. i've only lost 4 pounds but i'm down two pant sizes. don't let the numbers on the scale determine success or failure.