iPod in the toilet

Options
Dipmom
Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
Today was a sad day, because my iPod ended up in the toilet. I stood up and heard a splash! :frown: This is a warning for all of you who use the iPod case that attaches to your waistband, instead of the arm band. When using the bathroom, I can recommend you take it off first...or at least hold on to it.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have heard you can put it in rice for a couple of days and it will draw the water out.
  • allisond8
    allisond8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have heard you can put it in rice for a couple of days and it will draw the water out.

This worked for my iPhone
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    Yeah, it works perfectly for me. Don't' press any buttons because that'll cause it to short circuit. Put it in a bag of rice and leave for at least 12 hrs. It'll work after that.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's in rice now. I will keep my fingers crossed! I'm glad to hear it worked for your phone.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Four jokes that just came to mind...

1. iPoop
    2. iPeed
    3. "Hey, what's on your playlist? ...Poo"
    4. "Since yesterday, all the songs on my iPod sound like crap."
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

1. iPoop
    2. iPeed

#4 is my FAVE!!!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you don't then eat the rice...
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

1. iPoop
    2. iPeed

Hahahahahah!
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's in rice now. I will keep my fingers crossed! I'm glad to hear it worked for your phone.
    Keep it there as long as possible, few days at least. Most damage is done if you turn it on while still wet inside, not that much from the water itself. Hope it works!

On a different note - I always wonder how do people manage to drop their phones, etc in the toilet - do you use them while there to text?! Mine never enters the bathroom

LOL @ No4!!!!
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

1. iPoop
    2. iPeed

Second that!
    #4 is my FAVE!!!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

"This rice tastes like crap."

Ok, I'm done. I promise.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options

^ that's EXACTLY what i was thinking! :sick: :laugh:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm done. I promise.

Dirty rice... lolz
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm done. I promise.

:laugh:
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Rice worked for my FitBit after it followed me in the shower, and has worked for a few of my phones. I've also learned that breast pockets are good for anything except something worthless, because things will fall out, onto the ground and shatter.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I second the post that says wait a few days for it to dry out 12 hours is probably not enough for a tightly closed case
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I did this with a cell phone ='( It was in my back pocket, had to pee...didn't think about it..Went to leave the bathroom.. ='( There it went!! Was so sad, I had to tell my boyfriend I just gave his phone a potty bath.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yep the rice thing worked for me too. I REALLY wet my iphone last year(it turns out that I am not very good at kayaking...or swimming). Just make sure you turn it off immediately and keep it off. I kept it in the rice for a few weeks and after replacing the battery for ten bucks, it was as good as new.
  • ssanto
    ssanto Posts: 53
    Options
    dropped my ipod in the pool 2yrs ago - put it in rice for about 1 week and has been working ever since

hope it works for you!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Keep it there as long as possible, few days at least. Most damage is done if you turn it on while still wet inside, not that much from the water itself. Hope it works!

On a different note - I always wonder how do people manage to drop their phones, etc in the toilet - do you use them while there to text?! Mine never enters the bathroom

LOL @ No4!!!!
    I did it with my iphone. It was in my(very shallow) coat pocket and I ran in the bathroom to grab a hair tye and it just jumped right out of my pocket directly into the potty. The "crappy" part is, the lid is down 90% of the time, but not that day at that moment. lol I didn't realize I shouldn't turn it on though. I did end up sticking it in rice and kept checking it for like a week. Nothing, so I got a new phone and left it in the rice for a month before I remembered it. It seems to be working now. The home button didn't work for a few weeks, but now it does and my daughter has a new-to-her iphone! lol

OP, Good luck!!! I hope it comes back to life for ya. ::invisions Franken-Ipod::