• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    iGoldenShower

THAT was the last one. I swear.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Take it to bits and put it in the airing cupboard? I managed to wash my phone a few years ago. Didn't notice it was missing until the machine was about to finish. Took it to bits and put it in the airing cupboard for about a week and it was ok. No idea about ipods though.
  • Riawna1993
    Options
    Four jokes that just came to mind...

1. iPoop
    2. iPeed
    3. "Hey, what's on your playlist? ...Poo"
    4. "Since yesterday, all the songs on my iPod sound like crap."
    hahaha
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My daughter used rice on her phone and it came out as good as new. My niece is currenlty watching her phone dry out in a bag of rice!

I suppose there's something to be said for being too large to wear jeans, therefore having no back pocket - my phone goes inside my bra!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Rice worked for my FitBit after it followed me in the shower...

HA, I'm picturing your little Fitbit leaping over the tub from your pile of clothes, to stay near you like a small pet (or in a suicidal mood?)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My iPod Touch has landed in the toilet twice from my back pocket :(
    It worked ok for quite a while but then the home button stopped working completely. So I use assistive touch instead :smile:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    wasn't that a song by the Smiths?

*sings*
    iPod in the toilet, I know
    I know - it's serious
    iPod in the toilet, I know
    I know - it's really serious
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    squaretrade warranty I think for like $50 or something covers drops, spills etc.. and you can find coupon codes online for discounts :) all my family's ipods got their warranty, I only hear great stuff of their customer service, great turn around time, something like if they can't fix it within x amount of days they completely refund your purchase price. Can use it on things you buy on amazon and ebay too not just store bought purchases :) I'd gladly spend 50 more and know I'll be reimbursed for my full price, my warranty's up on mine in '13, got it for 3 years coverage, if by then it's not broken I'm gonna throw mine in a toilet and hope they cant fix it and don't have the older version anymore and I can get a new one that takes pictures :D haha
  • gchutson
    Options
    squaretrade warranty I think for like $50 or something covers drops, spills etc.. and you can find coupon codes online for discounts :) all my family's ipods got their warranty, I only hear great stuff of their customer service, great turn around time, something like if they can't fix it within x amount of days they completely refund your purchase price. Can use it on things you buy on amazon and ebay too not just store bought purchases :) I'd gladly spend 50 more and know I'll be reimbursed for my full price, my warranty's up on mine in '13, got it for 3 years coverage, if by then it's not broken I'm gonna throw mine in a toilet and hope they cant fix it and don't have the older version anymore and I can get a new one that takes pictures :D haha

Does Squaretrade officially cover "doodoo?"
  • histogal99
    histogal99 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you don't then eat the rice...

"This rice tastes like crap."

Ok, I'm done. I promise.

Dirty rice... lolz

So, that's where brown rice comes from
  • gchutson
    Options

Ok, I'm done. I promise.

Dirty rice... lolz

AHAHAHA!
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm done. I promise.

Dirty rice... lolz

AHAHAHA!

OK...I can't help myself...

What number was your iPod on when it hit the toilet?

1 or 2???
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Put it in a bowl of rice for a few days. It worked for my daughter after she dropped in a pool. Good Luck.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Today was a sad day, because my iPod ended up in the toilet. I stood up and heard a splash! :frown: This is a warning for all of you who use the iPod case that attaches to your waistband, instead of the arm band. When using the bathroom, I can recommend you take it off first...or at least hold on to it.
    You're not supposed to swallow them. Next time try going in a paper bag, so you can separate the contents.