Question about Chia seeds.

Options
I have read on other forums that consumption of chia seeds can provide a false positive for opiates (like poppy seeds) on drug tests. I cannot find any conclusive answer. Some say yes, some say no. Some say only in large quantities or work place tests won't be that through, etc. Can anyone shed some light on this? I just took a drug test for a job opportunity and I don't want to lose it because of something I ate.

Replies

• DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fun fact, I edited that last post at 4:20... What is air?!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Not sure. BRB while I google that for you.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Not sure. BRB while I google that for you.
    What is this "google" you speak of?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    If you like your job don't risk it. If you really don't care eat all the chia and poppy seeds you want.
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    I honestly tried google, that's why I couldn't find a conclusive answer.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Who cares.....Dr. Oz says to take them....they must be legit.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

2legit2quit?
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Why would you try this google stuff before a drug test? It's sure to show up. Crazy kids, these days!
  • DarlingThief
    Options

Wait, they're Dr. Oz approved? Well now I might stop eating them regardless of benefits....
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sound a little paranoid to me. Just sayin'...puff puff pass
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to be cautious, you could always switch to hemp hearts for the time being. There's no THC in them so I doubt they'd show on a drug test and they have similar benefits to chia.
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    Why would you try this google stuff before a drug test? It's sure to show up. Crazy kids, these days!
    Well, google is a gateway search engine. Before you know it, you've obsessively looked up random things on google and bing and then *BAM.* You're in search engine rehab.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating Chia seeds? Aren't you supposed to rub them on and watch them grow?
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    Sound a little paranoid to me.

That is pretty much how my question came about. I took the drug test then went to the store and saw chia seeds and then started to wonder if they were like poppy seeds. I started searching and here we are now. Me being paranoid over something that I only eat a 1/2 tablespoon of everyday... :embarassed:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Well, google is a gateway search engine. Before you know it, you've obsessively looked up random things on google and bing and then *BAM.* You're in search engine rehab.
    You crazy kids and your internets.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

That is pretty much how my question came about. I took the drug test then went to the store and saw chia seeds and then started to wonder if they were like poppy seeds. I started searching and here we are now. Me being paranoid over something that I only eat a 1/2 tablespoon of everyday... :embarassed:

Prob so low it wouldn't register anyway. That is if it even gives false positive.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

Just water it, and watch it grow!!!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options

Maybe this will help: http://www.chia.com/index.php/chia-pet-growing-instructions
  • 5678Koko1234
    Options
    It doesn't show up.