Former Binge Eater, would love support

Options
I used to be a compulsive binge eater, and I'm now looking to shed the weight I put on, but more importantly to maintain a healthy diet. I've lost some weight thus so far and this site seems great for losing more. One of the main aspects if you like of binge eating is that its done in intense secrecy, and so I would love some friends to hold me accountable and to support me, and whom I could support. My diary is open. I'm new so any friends would be great?

Replies

• petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Options
    Welcome :)) As long as you are honest and log everything trust me people here will keep you in line (speaking from experience) hehehe :)
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Trying to keep from bingeing myself. I find the more protein and less carbs I eat the MUCH better I do. Good luck. You can do it.
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my last year of college I was absolutely binge eating, though I didn't realize it until I tried to lose weight and felt the constant compulsion to EAT.

i have gotten that under control now, and turn my compulsion into drinking TONS of water, challenging myself to make creative, healthy meals and snacks, making myself do a quick workout in the morning, so I can possibly do more in the evening if there is time (but not missing out on activity if there isn't) AND checking out these message boards to see all the wonderful success stories, and knowing everyone has bad days, but that you can't EVER let that turn into a bad week/bad month/bad year(s).

you can do it!!
  • magic110
    magic110 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have those bad days too where my favorite foods get the best of me. I am trying to pin point my "triggers" and thinking of the best ways (for me) to redirect my actions and thoughts away from food. MFP has been the best way to keep myself accountable, honest and motivated. Best of luck to you!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is hard to admit!

I was doing this for about three weeks (logging on MFP) and found that I hadn't binged at all! About three weeks in, I added some friends and thought it was going SO AMAZINGLY. I loved having ladies congratulate me and being able to motivate others, as well!

However, in the past week I've binged a few days-uncontrollably, and ending up putting on about 4 of the 8 pounds I had lost. So currently, I closed my diary because I thought the stress of being in the open is what got to me?

My binging, too, is always in secret. I always eat so healthy in front of others but will only binge when I'm alone. I was afraid I was feeling weird about sharing my binging with others through the diary, so I closed it. Today's my second day closed again and I'm feeling better-and EATING MUCH BETTER!!!!, but we'll see!

Add me as a friend:)! I think I am motivating and I do lead a healthy, active, good eating lifestyle...just battling my demons so to speak!
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club :) Can't wait to get to know you better!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to be a binge eater. I found that as my depression was treated, and I started eating healthier foods in moderation, my desire to binge lessened. The possibility and the opportunities still lurk, though. I try hard to stay in control. If I binge, it's most often in my car, on the way home from work. Never admitted that to anyone until now.

Feel free to send a friend request.
  • laurenlind
    laurenlind Posts: 52
    Options
    Logging and being honest with what I was logging was the first step for me to stop bingeing. I also keep my diary open, and I do not really have very many friends on here, so I don't think anyone really looks at it, but to me, just knowing that it is open helps to keep me honest- but everyone is different and I can see where that could also become difficult.
    Either way, it is possible to overcome this... and I love that I feel so much more in control of my mind and body now that I have begun to control bingeing. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :smile:
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm still a binge eater but I'm working on it.
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Stopping the binge eating was key to starting to lose this weight. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) ! I`d love to add you, friend request sent. Best of luck!