Bullet

Options
SabKab16
SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
Hey everyone!

I wanted to buy a smoothie maker... so I can make smoothies with fruits, veggies, peanut butter, etc.. and also be able to mix in my protien with it..

I need something small and durable, inexpensive.. and ofcourse efficient!

I was going to buy the MAGIC BULLET.... Anyone use it or have experience with it? Is it any good?

Replies

• SabKab16
    Options
    Or would you suggest another blender? please also take into account how much effort it takes to clean up everything, and the price... Thank you =)
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use the Bullet every morning for my protein (meal replacement) shake. I have used it to blend cottage cheese to make healthy dips and dressings but i have never tried it with veggies. For me it works great and i bring it with me if i spend a weekend away. It is easy to pack.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet that I use quite often. The one I have works great for single servings but isn't really helpful if you want to make large batches. I find it most useful when I work from home and I can make one-off smoothies or when I go on vacation it fits easily in any bag and lets me eat healthy in a hotel room. Quality has been very good, I've been using the same unit for 2+ years for an average of once per day. Overall I have found it to be worth every penny.
  • SabKab16
    Options
    are you guys having any problems with the ice? I've read some reviews that say it doesnt crush ice very well.
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i use a lot of ice and frozen fruit and have not had an issue. Sometimes i have to stop the blend and shake it and blend again to get the ice to the bottem but it is not inconveinient for me to do so.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't use much ice... only a 2-3 cubes at a time and I never have a problem.
  • SabKab16
    Options
    Ok, thank you guys!! I think I'm going to go buy my magic bullet tomorrow!!! :)
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sister and i both bought one a couple years ago (they haven't changed) they both burnt out in less then 6 months. i bought an imitation one at factory direct (i think) and it lasted like 2 years, of harder use.

i just bought a different one b/c i wanted a bigger cup, it's comes in cool colors from walmart. it's better (and cheaper) then the magic bullet to.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have the Bullet and absolutely love it, get it, it's worth it, so many uses! To the above poster, anything can be defective, I've had mine for probably 3 yrs now, love, love, love it!
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    I had one used about 3 times then dead...got replacement...it died too... Get a vitamix
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Love my Magic Bullet!!!

Use it all the time!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have the ninja and it is amazing! it crushes ice like snow, but you have to do the ice first and then add the liquids.
  • DarbyBrion
    DarbyBrion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my magic bullet. I've had mine for 3 1/2 years and use it daily. I like that it's small and doesn't take up much counter space, too!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    my mom likes her ninja a lot better then a magic bullet.

anything can be defective. but 2?

the vitamix is the ultimate blender, if it's the one i'm thinking, it's like 500 bucks though.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet... and LOVE it! I use it everyday.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    got the bullet and hate it

it wouldn't make smoothies, left chunks of ice.
    it made my onions into liquified mush and huge chunks, uneven chopping

i went back to my low end, hamilton beach single serve blender, and that thing works great, and much cheaper.

throw frozen berries and ice cubes in it all the time no problem.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I use mine daily to make protein shakes and post-workout drinks. Love the fact that I only have to wash the cup and rinse the lid. No blender parts to gunk up.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have the ninja and it is amazing! it crushes ice like snow, but you have to do the ice first and then add the liquids.

I love my ninja!
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm not sure how old my bullet is... I'm scared to count, really... it's at least 6 years old now! It's made probably 1800 smoothies, all of my sons baby food when he was tiny, blended entire meals for my dad who has an issue swallowing and needs everything pureed, and made whipped cream and homemade butter countless times... all in all, I'd say on average I've used it at least twice every day the last 6 years. Sometimes it's a bit finicky, and I have to get it on the base just right.... but when it dies (if it ever does!) I'm definitely going back for another one.

edit: i don't use ice frequently, unless it's small cubes. doesn't blend the big ones well, it's too wittle!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love my Magic Bullet...True, it doesn't completely crush the ice so when I want a very smooth smoothy, I use my Rival Snow Cone maker....Just add ice cubes and it shoots the finely crushed ice right into my Bullet cup...Then I add my other ingredients and I'm good to go...Sure, it's an extra step but it's worth it....Yummmm... :-9"