Used MFP for awhile but never explored the social side.....

Options
theman49
theman49 Posts: 19 Member
Hey there, I have been using this site for a couple months now and love it. However I never really realized there was a social side to it and I decided to give it a try!
I live in Alberta, Canada. I hit gym hard and enjoy to do so :) I also just recently got a HRM and fitbit combo that I am loving to death.
Anyway I am not really sure what to say here, but I am looking for friends so add me up if you want!

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Welcome to the social side Dave... welcome back to high school (said with the utmost love and respect for everyone here, of course) :wink:
  • theman49
    Options
    Oh damn lol I was fat in high school :(
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark, er, social side. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times and please don't get your panties in a wad when someone offends you. Cuz someone will, sooner or later.

:smile:
  • Rye_Bread
    Rye_Bread Posts: 23
    Options
    You live in Alberta!? My family was going to move there about 7 years ago, but we decided to move to the States instead. That's pretty cool though! and yeah, I never did use the social side until recently too :)
  • theman49
    Options
    Yea haha Alberta! You should have came here man its one of the best places on earth i'd say!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there & welcome !

What kind of HRM/Fitbit combo did you get ? My diet/fitness peeps are desperate for me to get something .... anything ......:happy:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark, er, social side. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times and please don't get your panties in a wad when someone offends you. Cuz someone will, sooner or later.

^well said.

If you can ignore the ugliness, its not really too bad. Most people are very nice and motivating. Welcome!
  • mpoole6
    mpoole6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there, glad I wasn't the only one who would just login and logout.but I'm also ready to explore the social it might just keep me in this weight loss thing
  • crazy8ts
    Options

^well said.

If you can ignore the ugliness, its not really too bad. Most people are very nice and motivating. Welcome!

Told'ja it's like high school! All the angst and half the homework... well, ok... all the homework.
  • Rye_Bread
    Rye_Bread Posts: 23
    Options
    It definitely seems like it!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Canada EH!!!!!!!
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yay another Canadian! I'm from Newfoundland:) I heard Alberta is awesome though, I have a buncha family and friends there!! welcome:)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

Wait, there's homework??

^well said.

Told'ja it's like high school! All the angst and half the homework... well, ok... all the homework.
  • Learz74
    Learz74 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have used MFP for awhile (since January) and didn't know about the social part until a month or so ago. Then I just started reading. Not really a joiner but I would love to explore this side and make new friends and give/receive encouragement. Down 51 pounds so far and about 1/2 way there.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    welcome Dave, I am also from Alberta. Hope you enjoy the social side of this site. You can add me if you like!
  • crazy8ts
    Options

Wait, there's homework??

Have you not been doing your homework?? OOooooooo.... you gonna get in troubleeeeeeee!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the social side is fun and great motivation. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark, er, social side

Beat me to it LOL

I find the social aspect, especially the friends news feed, to be very motivational.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Im from Edmonton...welcome!
  • theman49
    Options
    Hi, there & welcome !

What kind of HRM/Fitbit combo did you get ? My diet/fitness peeps are desperate for me to get something .... anything ......:happy:

I got a Polar FT60 and its unreal!!!