Trying to Lose 60+ Pounds

Options
Hi, my name is Nik and I'm 25 years old. I have always been of a stockier build and had a hard time managing my weight. I was doing really well in college and weighed about 135 (on my 5'8" frame) and then I got married and started having kids and that all fell apart. LOL. I started my weight loss journey at 202 lbs and today I weighed in at 190. I feel a lot better already, more energy, sleeping better, etc. though I haven't really noticed a change in my appearance or the way my clothes fit yet. My brother asked me yesterday if I was losing weight, so I guess it must be noticeable, but I can't see it. LOL.

Anyway, I want to get back down to 135 (ish). I want to be healthy and be able to climb stairs without being winded and to be able to play with my kids for longer than 10 minutes at a time. I'd really like to try to run a marathon (or a 5K/10K, I'm realistic) someday. Plus, I was born with hip dysplasia and my doctors have told me that if I don't lose a substantial amount of weight, and soon, that I'm going to need hip replacement surgery by the time I'm 30. :frown:

And then there is the desire to wear an actual swimsuit on vacation and not a waterproof mu-mu. LOL.

That's me. Please feel free to add me if you are looking for motivation or have some encouragement to share!
Nik

Replies

• jessica0danielle
    jessica0danielle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ill add u .i am 5'2 and 218lbs...i need to lose arounf 70-75 lbs :> im here for ya :)
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1-1/2" and need to lose 55-65 pounds too! I am starting over after having life sidetrack me for a bit. . . .I will send a friend request!
  • lfaith03
    lfaith03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am 5`1 and currently 217.8 pounds, i want to lose between 50-65 pounds as well.
  • tdtl07
    tdtl07 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi! I am at 250 and need to lose around 100 lbs.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter than you at 5'3" but I started at 197 & I'm heading to hopefully 135 as well.
  • Daisygirl1024
    Options
    I had lost about 85 lbs from January 2010 - November 2011...but then my Dad passed away last November and it wasn't until I gained 35 lbs back that I discovered that I was eating to "fill the void".....but even after I realized what I was doing, I just couldn't get myself to a point where I gave a rat's *kitten*...but then I started watching "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" and watch how a man who was 398 lbs lost 200 lbs and got down to 198 lbs by his 50th Birthday EVEN though he broke up with his fiance, his 27-year old son passed away, and he ended up homeless!!! It was very inspiring and it was then I told myself that I had NO MORE EXCUSES......and I know that my Dad would not want me to put myself through this again because he's gone!!! So I am back at working on my goal to lose 75+ lbs!!!
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!! I'm 5'10 and 228 right now. I put on almost 30bs in year!! So mad at myself getting to comfy w/ him and now he's gone and I'm still fat. hahaha So I need to lose at least 70 I think for my height.. It's really tough! But the support on here is awesome! So feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I will add you! I am 5'5", started at 227, currently at 211, looking to get to 135-145, so I have 60 some pounds to go.
  • berringtonsarah
    Options
    HEY, I'LL ADD YOU . I AM 5'8 AND 245 LBS. MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 160 . I HAVE 85 LBS. TO LOOSE.
  • upmihah
    upmihah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'1" and started at 200. I set my goal at 60 lbs to lose. A few people noticed when I was down 10, but it's just lately that pretty much everyone is noticing the weight loss (now 25 lbs down).
  • Boston_Jon
    Boston_Jon Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Feel free to add me.
  • ultim8fury
    ultim8fury Posts: 42
    Options
    5'11 and working my way down from 306lb. Starting week 3 today and I'm already down 15lb.
  • 40Club
    40Club Posts: 47
    Options
    Nik, others will always notice more of a change in how we look before we do. DEFINITELY KEEP CLOTHES from your present weight around. I remember when I 1st started on my journey one of the things that helped me mentally was periodically putting on the clothes that once fit me perfectly in my larger size because for a long time my brain only allowed me to see one image (the old image) in the mirror. Some days I still have that problem with all the weight I've lost (CRAZY!) :smile: