need help!

Options
I just started using mfp a little bit ago and am still confused about this... I try to eat somewhere around 1250 cals a day, right? Right, ok so when I enter my exercising, it ups my remaining calories?? So wouldn't it be better to not go by that and just stick with my 1250 cals? Because then wouldn't be like I didn't burn any calories at all? If anyone could help that'd be great!

Replies

• imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You need at eat a net total of 1250 calories per day...That means if you burn 300 calories exercising then you need to eat at least 1550 calories that day!
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    You need at eat a net total of 1250 calories per day...That means if you burn 300 calories exercising then you need to eat at least 1550 calories that day!

^ This...

MFP calculates your calorie deficit to reach your goal weight already... so "eating back" your workout calories does not effect your bottom line goals (in theory)...
  • venture420
    venture420 Posts: 14
    Options

so if i don't eat at least 1550 cals a day after burning 300 cals a day, is that bad?
  • Maddy85
    Maddy85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Your internal organs have their own quota of calories that they need to function properly every day. If you maintain a calorie deficit of less than 1200 calories, it will not bode well for your insides in the long run (they could start shutting down on you). When you exercise, you are using energy that would otherwise be allocated to those important body parts (like your brain), and it must be replaced by more calories. Hope this helps.
  • venture420
    venture420 Posts: 14
    Options
    ok well it says my net calories is 472... and its pretty late, theres no way i can eat that much throughout the rest of the night! :/