looking for friends at 186lb! strange i know!

Options
I am reallllllly struggling now! i've managed to lose 62lb then recently gained 3lb. not happy about that. My weight has been dropping off so slowly since january. Not happy about that either! but I am so determined to get to my goal. I've got about another 30lb to lose. Anyone similar to me?? If I see people around me losing then I will hopefully be motivated to work harder. I look May off as I'd been dieting for a year. I wanted to stop stressing about logging. But now I'm back on and trying to be strict! please request me! Oh and i was 245lb starting weight. I look forward to requests! ;-)

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started at 183. in January, I am hovering around 161 now. I hve been down to 158 but cant seem to stay there. My issue is finding time right now to exercise with ball games 4 nights a week and I am not a morning person. i have been falling off the wagon a little and not being so stict with myself lately and it needs to change. It seems I have lost my passion but I dont wanna quit. Feel free to add me.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I started at around 180lbs, at first the weight came off pretty fast but now I usually get 1-1.5lbs per week. Which is good, but it does seem slow. Just stick with it, maybe add more cardio/strength training if you aren't happy with the results.
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    I weighed in at 190 today, after losing 12 lbs. I just started a few weeks ago and right now the weight is pouring off, but I've done this before and I always stall out after about 20 lbs. I'm hoping this time is different and I can stay motivated. :D Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • mb0215
    mb0215 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi! I am 183 on a good day, trying to get down to 160ish. I started at 220 and on livestrong got down to 190 but all my friends are over here. i've been on here maybe a month.
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started at 186lb on 3/27, now I'm down to 158lb with a lot of hard work! Still want to lose 18 more. I did have a very annoying stand still for almost 3 weeks where I only lost 1lb. But now the scale is heading downwards again!
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    started at 210 march 1st. i'm at 181 as of sunday. i also have about 30 pounds to go (1/2 way for me) the more support the better!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    183 :o)

and moving down...........yep, a little at a time :o/
  • beautyofthedark
    beautyofthedark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 180-182 now. I've been using myfitnesspal off and on for the past year. This time I'm determined. My goal weight is at least 155
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm at around 182 right now. I dropped from 193-173 last fall when I started on MFP, then got derailed and depressed by torn knee cartilage, and chocolate binges did the rest. Then I was back up where I started! I'm trying to stay motivated now and look at this as a long-term project.

I look at people's success stories every day to remind myself that IT CAN BE DONE, but after being overweight for so long it's almost impossible to imagine myself at my goal weight.

Have you been to this site?
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
    I find it motivates me, and reminds me that this is a marathon, not a sprint!
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm at 185.5 right now starting out at 238. I dropped the first 30 or so after i had my baby and joined here at 204. I dropped 10 right away and the rest has been sloooooow going since my commitment has been spotty. I need someone to keep me accountable and to support in turn. Thanks
    Oh yeah and my goal weight is around 135-140
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm at 181 would like to lose about 25 to 30 more pounds. Anyone can add me!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am currently 188 ... started out at 222 in March. My first goal is 26lbs away then I am re-evaluating to see where I'm at. Feel free to add me, we can never have enough support when we take this journey :D
  • haileemou
    haileemou Posts: 153
    Options
    Im about 188 and started the 30 day shred this week!
    edited to say woop si got my lb's wrong im 193 :(
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 186 lbs started at 206 lbs. in March and still have 51 more lbs to go to make my goal.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I started at 215 (pre MFP). I am at 159 now, with 25 lbs to go. I know the last weight is the most difficult to get rid of. Feel free to add me! :)
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    everybody hits plateaus, there is plenty of stuff online about overcoming them, usually the best way is to vary your exercise routines, but do search online for adevice :)
  • isk8nbessy
    isk8nbessy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 185.5 and I started at this weight in January, got down to 177 in April, then two cruises later and a lenient diet, I'm back up to my starting point. I just recently dropped my calories down to 1200 and eating my exercise calories back so I net somewhere between 1200-1400. This seems to have helped and once I plateau, I'll up them and increase my weight training. running seems to be the one thing that really makes a difference and right now I'm struggling with shin splints so I don't expect the scale to go down very quickly but like we all know, this is a life style change and more than anything, weight loss requires patience and dedication. Feel free to add me!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the mid 180s bouncing around for two months! Ugh. I was starting to get discouraged. I had raised my calories from 1400 to 1670 (my BMR) and was starting to wonder if I needed to cut them back again... but in the past two weeks I've lost four lbs and weighed in today at 179.8! :)) My highest weight was 220.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    I started at 205, April 16th, I am currently 185.6. I have been losing 1.5 a week, but this week I have only lost .6! It sure is a constant struggle! Feel free to add me! I just WANT to get it done!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I started around there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!