some advice on my food diary ???

Options
Heyyyyy was wondering on some others opinions on my daily food diary, would like to improve my food intake but just don't know where to start :/ like nutritionally. The past two days I had off excersise but if look previous one is different again :) thanks heaps

Also I get bloated sooooo much but I haven't figured out what is causing it ???!!!

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sodium? I didn't look at your diary, I just saw that you aren't tracking sodium. Drinking more water will help with that
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That smoked salmon is what's making you feel bloated. Smoked salmon is cured in salt then smoked. It's not very healthy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but it's not good for your sodium intake. You should also start tracking your sodium.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    2 HUGE things.... track your sodium, there is no point in tracking sugar when you eat fruit as it won't differentiate between bad sugar and natural sugar in foods like fruit, so trade sugar for sodium and you will find you are likely close or over daily.
    Second thing.... eat MORE, the few days I looked at, you didn't eat enough to keep your body moving. It is the hardest thing for most people to understand.... you have to eat enough to lose weight.
  • lucywantstoloseit
    Options
    The only advice I'd give is that you don't seem to be eating the 1200 calories that you have been allowed before you complete any exercise. The impression I get is that you should always eat the 1200 and eat more if you've been allowed it through exercise. But the things you're eating are great xx
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    In terms of the bloating I agree with everyone - track your sodium as well. Salt, aka sodium, locks water in and if you have had a lot of sodium you might feel bloated due to more sodium in the body. Don't cut it out, especially after working out because you sweat salt but watch how much you have.

Keep it up!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion... you're not eating enough.

You're supposed to hit your goal, not end up under it. MFP already has a deficit allowed if your setting are to lose weight.

I'd stop tracking sugars, start tracking sodium, reach your goal, and maybe bump up the protein a bit more.
  • Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    Options
    You are not eating enough calories to sustain your body weight, most likely. Your amount of carbs, protein, and fiber are too low for your physique as well. Also, you didn't mention if your goal is to lose, maintain, or gain weight, so caloric needs should be kept in mind too. One website that I highly recommend which has articles on nutrition for men and women, is called simplyshredded.com. You'll have a better grasp of what foods to eat, the portion sizes, etc.
  • Lemornhamilton
    Options
    Thanks heaps on the advice!!! Yea Ill definitely start eating more throughout my days :) and definitely track my sodium to see what happening
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely eat more and protein enriched foods if you want to maintain muscle (Not sure what your goal is). Are you taking a multi-v? With the low amount of caloric intake you are not getting the proper nutrients your body needs to function. Vitamin deficiencies can lead to bloating. Great tracking though.