Options
I'm new to the website. My hope is that by logging my food diary each day, I will see where I need to cut calories and this will help me to lose the weight.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !!! Yes logging your food, drinking 64 oz. of water and exercising is going to help you lose the weight! Best wishes!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the website. My hope is that by logging my food diary each day, I will see where I need to cut calories and this will help me to lose the weight.

Hi Kay, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • KayT
    KayT Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the the warm welcome and encouragement! I do try to work out 3 days a week, 30 minutes a day at a club. I just started walking/jogging outside this week and I'm trying to do this everyday. I have a treadmill to use, also. My niece just has lost 80 lbs and recently completed her 2nd 5k race so she is my inspiration! I do have to work on my water intake - not good at that!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    If you were interested in running, the couch to 5K running program is great. c25k.com has all the information there. :smile:

You can do it! Great job for your niece, that's amazing!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello KayT, if you continue to follow through with what you describe you shall be seeing results in no time. That's great to hear about your niece. I'm totally there with you on the water issue I barely drink water and that's my only beverage.
  • KayT
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie. I will check out the website!
  • KayT
    Options
    Thanks BrenNew for all the great advice. Still not doing so good with the water. I need to concentrate on that more. I like your suggestion about logging food BEFORE eating. I will definitely check out all of the helpful section on here so I can become more familiar with the website. Thanks!
  • KayT
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice. I think I am going to like this website. I like being able to log my food and exercise info easily. Any suggestions on the water intake? I just don't think about it until I go to log my water intake. The only time I usually drink water is to take medication. Thanks.
  • KayT
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and the support!