Lean Cuisine??

Options
2»

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat them and Healthy Choice. I always look for the lowest sodium and carb ( always one of the Chicken Dinners) . I also add extra frozen no sodium Veggies to make them more filling. For me they are great when I don't have anything else or don't feel like cooking.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    funny... since i saw an ecard that said.... wow, that LC really filled me up... said no 1 ever.. hahahaha.. idk the nutritional val on them but be careful with sodium... but if ur not very hungry, i guess i'd say go for it
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    IMO they taste like school cafeteria food. Not very appealing at all.
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great feed back guys :D
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have lean cuisines from time to time. The Spaghetti and the Garlic chicken spring rolls are my favorite

Those are my two favs too!
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used them to help me get portion sizes under control. Also, they still serve for a quickie with a side of frozen steamed veggies. They're the perfect fit for my 3am dinner when working overnights! One of them and some fruits, nuts, and yogurt as snacks and I'm good to go. Just drink lots of water with the sodium.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    I haven't had one for years because I think they are expensive for the amount of food you actually get.

I make larger batches of good stuff, divide it into containers and freeze it myself.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    8585055510097195_ikKpyuQv_f.jpg
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time, and I lost weight! That said, I'm now more concerned with being healthy than I am in just being thin, so the nutrition in the foods I choose is more important to me. Now I eat REAL FOOD, food that grew from the the ground or swam in the water (I eat very little meat..I just don't really enjoy it, NOT saying that it's necessarily bad for you) most of the time and almost NO processed food. I just think it's healthier. I set aside time to prepare my own "clean cuisines" each weekend and take them to work same as I used to the lean cuisine! It takes more time, but it's a better option for me and I get sooooo much more food for the same amount of calories and way more nutrition!
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    funny... since i saw an ecard that said.... wow, that LC really filled me up... said no 1 ever.. hahahaha.. idk the nutritional val on them but be careful with sodium... but if ur not very hungry, i guess i'd say go for it

hahaha I just saw that ecard as well! It's completely true. They never fill me up!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I think if portion control is a huge problem they can be a quick fix but... I really think you should limit them or try to wean yourself off of them. Maybe 3x a week tops. Also try adding your own frozen veggies to stretch them so you dont feel hungry and absolutely look for ones that are lower in sodium and fat .
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for easy to prepare meals that can be frozen like Lean Cuisines? I like the Lean Cuisines because of the variety.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers, but I've used the Lean Cuisine too. Fill you up and are better than a lot of the fast crap that's you might choose, especially on graveyard shift.
    Stand by for the nutri-nazis though, I'm sure they will tell you how "toxic" they are.

I don't eat frozen often (too expensive) but I like the Healthy Choice Steamers too. I find them very filling and a good alternative for fast food. Way more balanced than a big mac or something. I just wish there wasn't so much packaging.