Do you lie about studying?

Options
HeatherLeahxx
HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
There are three types of students when it comes to exam time...

1. The ones that study and have no problem telling people that they have studied for an exam :smokin:
2. The closet studier : Those that claim they "didn't open a book", and spent the night before the exam watching tv. Yet they come out with the highest grade in the class... :mad:
3. Those who don't study but will tell you they have...... Da *kitten*? :huh:

I'm #1 :love:

Which one are you? Be honest! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Number 1! My studying pays off and if I've worked hard I feel like I should be proud of that :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    As I'm bust studying for an exam on friday i guess I'm a 1. As a mature student time is limited so I always post when I've got the books out so I dont get disturbed.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I figure you either know it or you don't. No sense in wasting time trying to study.
  • blondejester
    Options
    i rarely studied but i told people that i didn't haha no point in lying about it!
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    number 1 myself.
    but I believe, there is a number 4. the ones who told you they didnt study, and they actually did not do that, but are so freaking smart that they read everything once and always get better grades than you do.
    those i hate.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I figure you either know it or you don't. No sense in wasting time trying to study.

Lol. This-kind of. I was a 4.0 student all through out college and rarely studied. So I guess Im #4- the one who absorbed all the info while in class. :)
  • grotas
    grotas Posts: 28
    Options
    I often don't study, try and pass the exams, writing loads and managing with what i know, people often caractise me as number 2 but it's not like that anymore...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have never studied for anything in my life or taken notes and never needed to. But it wasn't until after I was in college that I realized my memory and knack for absorbing things was unusual. I never understood why they tried to push studying on people in grade school because it always seemed pointless to me. I had no idea there was anything unusual about me at the time in that regard.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have never studied for anything in my life or taken notes and never needed to. But it wasn't until after I was in college that I realized my memory and knack for absorbing things was unusual. I never understood why they tried to push studying on people in grade school because it always seemed pointless to me. I had no idea there was anything unusual about me at the time in that regard.

This makes me SUPER jealous. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was in elementary school. Studying has always been difficult for me- not to study, but to retain the information. I have test anxiety, and it feels like I can study for hours and hours, know the material for the exam, walk in and start it- and the material is no where to be found. And when it comes to matching, I get everything confused. Short answer and essay, I can do because I can show what I know and write it out.
    But, I would classify myself as #1.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was that #4.

It's been a long *kitten* time since I had to study for anything, but I rarely studied. I think of it as the difference between learning, really learning, the subject matter, and memorizing some facts for a good grade. Like the difference between saving something to your mental hard drive, or having it a cookie in your temp folder. :laugh:
  • HeatherLeahxx
    Options

Photographic memory? (o.O)
  • rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a 3. I don't always lie about it, but I have before. Mostly because I feel guilty that I can get the A's without studying while others struggle through hours of studying and still have a hard time.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    Options

I just read in your profile you have Aspergers Syndrome. My cousin has that and she is EXTREMELY intelligent! She sounds the exact same
  • rychma
    Options

Agree 100%. I don't study...ever. I don't feel like I need to. I read it and retain it. I never thought it was unusual...until now...lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I honestly never needed to study. Studying itself never helped me anyway as I was a 'doing' learner - reading something? pff. Don't get it. Doing something? Mastered. I came away with top 1% percentile in the country at 16.

Same story for my driving theory test. I read the theory test book once and had family ask me random questions from it for a week before the actual test date. 100% on test day and completed in about 15 mins out of the 45 I was given.

Also, my brother has Asperger's and an IQ of over 150. My IQ is 135, so I may have some tendencies too.
  • rychma
    Options

I just read in your profile you have Aspergers Syndrome. My cousin has that and she is EXTREMELY intelligent! She sounds the exact same

My son has Asperger's/A.S.D. and he is very similar to me in that he doesn't study, tests well above the other kids in his grade, always does well in school.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    That's right. Asperger Syndrome. For some reason people with it like me tend to have exceptionally good memories. All the teacher has to do is brush over something in class and it's in your head for life. No note taking, no studying needed. That's always the way I was.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

I'm a #1...

I wish that I could do this..
    Because of PTSD, I will study for hours and hours and not absorb any information :/
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    I study the day of the exam for about 30-60 mintues, freak out, but then I always get A's.

I have a photographic memory though and I take killer notes in class and pay close attention.

I am a mom of 2 small children, I have no time to study and the free time I do have it's the last thing I want to do.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I study. My friends study. We study together. We discuss studying.

& when finals are over we do fun things, too ;)