MOTIVATIONAL FRIENDS NEEDED!!!

Options
Hello, all!!! I'm not exactly new to MFP but I AM newly committed to keeping up with my daily workouts and eating better. I have about 35 lbs to lose and I'm looking for some fitness pals to keep each other encouraged!

Replies

• rileyfanof24
    rileyfanof24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I would be happy to be your friend to keep you motivated if you will do the same for me:laugh:
    I have been (back) on myself for one week now and doing well so far. It is working for me so far and I have gotten my family involved so they are all participating as well but it never hurts to have more people keeping me going!

I wish you success and hope you achieve your goal! Good luck to you and stick with it, you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Always glad to support!!! :)
  • hrtotten
    hrtotten Posts: 26
    Options
    I started a health challenge just for that reason - to provide support! Check it out and see if it could work for you. :)

Heidi
    www.sanityhealthchallenge.com
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    Good almost afternoon lol
    I am on everyday and try to provide support to all of my friends on daily basis. I am going on a long journey to lose 65lbs and need all the help I can get sometimes. I am going to send you a friend request.
    With support and determination we can accomplish anything :)
  • Chantal50
    Chantal50 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am always looking for some support ! Need friends on here !!!!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'd love new friends/support buddies as well. :) Everyone can feel free to add me.
  • jpoillot
    jpoillot Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!!! Im needing support too! I am trying to reach the wieght loss of 20% of my wieght before bariatric surgery....Actually lost 5 lbs already... according to Drs. scale. Keep on keeping on !!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to help support, as I need the motivation sometimes myself... I have a lot more weight on my goal to lose (at least 50). Feel free to add me, if you like :)
  • KimBerLaE
    KimBerLaE Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello.
    I'd be happy to support you as you reach your goals and could use the same. I have 33 pounds to lose in order to not be heavy but should lose 58 if I wanted to be at my ideal weight. I just used the calorie counter for the first time today and it was a shocker! No wonder I have not been losing weight!! Calories add up so incredibly fast! Any opinions on whether it is better to start with a goal of 1500 cal per day or 1200? I've recently started walking twice daily for 30-45 minutes a day. I wish I found it more enjoyable. Maybe I should invest in an iPod.
    It is so helpful to hear from others with similar goals!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Same here! We pretty much have the same weight loss goal! I wish you luck! And I must say that I totally love this website/app... it's nice to be able to take it along everywhere I go so I can track all food/activity.
  • KimBerLaE
    KimBerLaE Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm just learning how to navigate through this site but I love it so far! Nice to "meet" you and the best of luck to you!!
  • Nadvicza
    Nadvicza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I would liketo be your friend, I too am looking for some motivational support.
  • daddyzgrrl28
    Options
    Hello.
    I'd be happy to support you as you reach your goals and could use the same. I have 33 pounds to lose in order to not be heavy but should lose 58 if I wanted to be at my ideal weight. I just used the calorie counter for the first time today and it was a shocker! No wonder I have not been losing weight!! Calories add up so incredibly fast! Any opinions on whether it is better to start with a goal of 1500 cal per day or 1200? I've recently started walking twice daily for 30-45 minutes a day. I wish I found it more enjoyable. Maybe I should invest in an iPod.
    It is so helpful to hear from others with similar goals!

My goal is 1200 or fewer net calories. I find that i HAVE to work out or else it's REALLY hard to stay under 1200. But It works for me so long as I stick to it! I'd say start off at 1200 net calories. Because you're walking twice per day, I think you'll find it's effective! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • abigail132
    abigail132 Posts: 45
    Options
    Exactly what I'm looking for!
    Friend request sent and I look forward to speaking to you :) I need motivation!!!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've only been using MFP for a week and, I agree, it's an eye-opener to see how many calories you take in, without even thinking about it, on a daily basis! Every other time I've tried to lose weight this past year, I've lost my motivation after only a couple of weeks because I had no one to help keep me accountable. So, I'll do my best to encourage & help you all, if you'll do the same for me! Thanks! :)
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to send you a friend request. I'm a good cheerleader!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to request me- Always happy to have more MFP friends! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • RhianSteph
    RhianSteph Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey :) In need of a good support network and I will do the same in return- its good to spur everyone on!
    Motivation 4 Motivation?
    :)
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs support!!! Im looking for supportive friends too. I have 67 lbs to loose and it seams so far away!!
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for motivation and will soon re-start my Turbo Fire workouts. I'm still recovering from illness, but would be glad to offer you support in the meantime. Feel free to add me!