Who here is from the south?

Options

Replies

• kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kentucky! I always kinda wondered how Kentucky is "The South" But I have only lived here a couple of years so I figured I missed it somewhere!
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey what about NC?! You have to include NC... Southern born and raised! :)
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tennessee Girl!!! Woo Hoo!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...

I hate to rain on your parade sweetheart but Virginia West Virginia is part of the south along with a few other states you forgot to mention!!!
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    FL:smile:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    no love for NC, huh... that's foul bro :cry:
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Arkansas!
    Go Hogs! Omaha bound!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    South Florida here...but to be honest, we're down south but not really "Southern" if you know what I mean. So I'm not sure if I count, lol.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So Va being the capital of the confederacy does not qualify us as southern?! Pft
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Louisiana
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

It isn't SEC country, so I don't consider NORTH Carolina to be part of the south ;)

Apparently someone is a little threatened by the awesomeness of the ACC! Maybe we should start our own thread! haha

The ACC? What's that? ;)

The ACC is Awesome! GO NOLES! (I live in FL but I'm not sure this is the south!)
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    South Carolina, Whoop! Whoop! I wasn't born here, but you can't hold that against me. I got here as soon as I had a choice!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm from Central Virginia, and I definitely consider myself Southern. If you cut out Northern Virginia and the Hampton Roads area, Virginia is very much a Southern state.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

I know I was thinking the same thing. I live in NC with my boyfriend who was born and raised here, but I'm from Michigan haha
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    I used to live in the southern most tip of Texas. (20 minutes from the border and 45 minutes from South Padre Island).

Now I live in Dallas. That still counts!

Woot!
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOO!!! THAT'S ME!!! CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI....known to be the fattest, poorest, and laziest state! REPRESENT!! :)

Yup Yup... Here too. lol
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Totally agree with this ... Born in GA and live in NC ... i'm as southern as a girl gets ... act like a lady in town and work like a farm hand at home
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    KY......Go Cats!:drinker:

Woo hoo! C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!
  • Brandi_Lei
    Brandi_Lei Posts: 30
    Options
    Louisiana
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wait, does Oklahoma not count as South?:frown:

Yes it counts!!

Okay, I was thinking we should count since they film Hillbilly Hand Fishing here....

If you're actually from the south you know it's called NOODLING, not hillbilly hand fishing.