So, who's up for a challenge?????

Options
The support group I am in, 'Visualize This', wants to challenge other groups! We are thinking of maybe a 12 week challenge, sort of Biggest Loser style! We'd weigh in weekly every Monday starting on November 9. We'd have to go off of the total % of weight lost. Anyone up for it? :wink:

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm up for the challenge if someone can email me to remind me. LOL

I have joined a few challenges here on the boards and ALWAYS forget to check back in and even forget the challenge. LOL

:smokin:
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i'm up for it just let me
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That would be a great motivator. I'm in!
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Ok, but like the rest of ya, someone has to let me know!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Bump, we are looking for specific groups maybe? Or else it would be our entire group against an individual person! That's not very fair! lol. So anyone interested?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Arienna - I am checking with my team to see if everyone is interested. I'll get back to you ASAP! Neat idea!!
  • Taradise
    Options
    The Beautiful Blues Team will accept your challenge :bigsmile:
  • allie5199
    Options
    I'll check w my team and let you know asap
  • Arienna
    Options

Alright! We have to figure out the details and are going to be hopefully starting it up next monday!
  • Arienna
    Options
    I'll check w my team and let you know asap

Ok, thank you!
  • Taradise
    Options

Alright! We have to figure out the details and are going to be hopefully starting it up next monday!

We are in for whatever you have in mind. Neat idea for some extra motivation!! Let me know what we need to do.
  • Arienna
    Options

We are in for whatever you have in mind. Neat idea for some extra motivation!! Let me know what we need to do.

Will do! We will probably make a new thread for it, maybe post the results on Tuesday after everyone has a chance to weigh in on Monday?
  • Taradise
    Options
    Ok sounds good. Are there any rules? Is it total body fat % of the entire team or add up everyones individual body fat %?

Also, the first weigh in on Monday - wouldn't that just be an initial weigh in? So that from that point forward we can gauge the weightloss based on that initial weigh in number??
  • Arienna
    Options
    It's the total percentage of weight loss for the team. So just divide the total weight loss by the total of the starting weights, but post it all individually so both teams can see everyone's. Such as
    Starting Current =/-
    Person A - 193 189 (-4)
    Person B - 167.5 166 (-1.5)
    Person C - 211.8 209 (-2.8)
    Person D - 210 211 (+1)

Total 782.3 775 (-7.3)
    Total % .09

Also, yes Monday would be our initial weigh in, so we wouldn't put our loss/gains till the week after.
  • Taradise
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm excited!! :bigsmile: Any extra motivation is a plus!!
  • allie5199
    Options
    Team 3PC (Three Part Challenge) is ready to rock!!! I'll have our Initial weights posted by Monday night! Good Luck to all!

P.S. can new group members (not teams) join later in the challenge? I havent heard back from some of our members yet, so if they miss the initial weigh-in can they jump in the week after that?
  • Arienna
    Options
    Yay, so we have a 3-way competition!!!!! Thats fine if new members come along since it will be a total % of weight loss, not individual. I will make a post on Monday for us to use for the competition and post the link here. Can't wait!!!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Great! My team is ready to go for monday. Thanks!
  • Arienna
    Options
    Hey guys, here is the link to our new challenge group!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/70708-12-week-challenge