FRUSTRATED

Options
I have been on this weight loss journey for about 2 years now. I have lost 65 pounds but feel like there is no more hope for me to get below 200 pounds. Coming from a family that is all thin and don't have to worry about what they eat can be very frustrating. Why do I have to stress and workout so hard to be thin? I know my problems: 1. Stop eating fast food. 2. Stop weighing myself everyday. I go back and forth between not allowing myself to enjoy any kind of desserts, snacks, or food items I like the most to going crazy and eating everything bad at once. I need more helpful resources on what I can fix for breakfast and dinner. Trying to please my son and husband with healthy but great tasting dinner options has been a struggle. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A great resource for different recipes for different taste buds is skinnytaste.com.. you could also try the cooking light website or allrecipes.com.. they have a bunch of different recipes on there that are healthy. It's fantastic that you've lost so much already... know that you are doing a fantastic job. Instead of looking at the negative stuff, look back at where you were and where you are now. Know that you can do it because you already have!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
    Coming from a family that is all thin and don't have to worry about what they eat can be very frustrating. Why do I have to stress and workout so hard to be thin?

I want to point something out. There's nothing wrong with you, and the members of your family didn't get some gift that was denied to you. It's still calories in, calories out. Some people seem to stay thin effortlessly, but it's because they make different lifestyle choices due to habits they've built up over their lifetime. Maybe they naturally crave salads for lunch, or naturally stay busy. My sister is one of those "naturally thin" people, but it's not because she's blessed. It's because she never stays still. She's always working on building an addition to her house, or helping her friends move, or painting walls, or gardening, or riding her ATV, or whatever. If she doesn't have a project, she thinks one up and gets started on it. She's in nursing school, and because she had to spend so much time studying instead of working, she gained some weight. Because she has to do the same things as everyone else to stay thin. It's just that she's an active person, so it seems effortless for her until something happens that forces her to change her habits.

I'm telling you this because I want you to know that you're not defective. There's nothing wrong with you. You're not missing out on something that your family members were blessed with. You just need to work on building the right habits that help you get to where you want to be. 65 pounds is amazing! You should be proud of that!

Try opening your diary so we can see what you're eating and how you're exercising. Maybe someone else can help you see where changes need to be made, since they'll be looking with fresh eyes.

Don't give up! You're worth this effort. :)
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATS on losing 65 lbs. !!! How AWESOME is that !

I do understand your frustrations however there is hope and you will succeed. A month ago when I decided to lose this weight for good, I change my whole mind-set. I eat within my calorie range, I exercise for at least an hour a day doing something I like, and I eat basically what I want in moderation.

I started playing little games with myself regarding "Fast Food". To curb my taste for McDonalds, (mainly the french fries) I can only eat it on Monday because it begins with a M. To curb my taco addiction, I can only eat Taco Bell on a Tuesday or Thursday. Do you see the pattern...It seems to work for me. And I only eat Subway when I got to my Zumba class.

And everyday I enjoy what I call my "Happy Snack"...which is about 200 calories. It can whatever I am looking forward to having that day...peanut butter crackers, yogurt & fruit, a cocktail, a slice of pie.

I also love the webite www.skinnytaste.com ...OMGosh, everything I have made from this site is wonderful and taste delicious.

I hope that this helps you a little...feel free to add me on as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • mfavela83
    mfavela83 Posts: 23
    Options
    :happy: Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I know the problems and just need to tackle them. I know I can do this!
  • maje0067
    maje0067 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I agree that losing 65 lbs is a huge accomplishment, way to go! What has helped me choose healthy menus would be the site skinnytaste.com. They have everything broken down by fat, carbs, protein, calories, and serving sizes. They offer A LOT of different types of menu options that you get to choose from. Pretty much any recipe you like, she makes into a lighter healthier version! It definitely came in handy during the holidays to offer lighter snacks/cookies :)
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I know the problems and just need to tackle them. I know I can do this!

Yes, you can !! Lean on people here for encouragement & support ! Most of us have been there too !