annoying stomach pooch...help!

Options
ok, so I pretty much reached my goal weight and I am happy with everything except for this stupid tiny pooch on my stomach, it's not a huge deal but i really just want a completely flat stomach. Apparently, this stubborn little blob of fat is genetic, and my exercise and correct eating won't get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on your goal weight! I was trying to loose my post baby belly pooch and I found that doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, Jillian Michaels' 6 pack in 6 weeks and running has made mine drastically reduce! I have loads of compliments on my flat stomach :) xx
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I hope you figure it out because I have the same issue. Everything else is pretty good except that. Good luck!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration! when I eat high protein....low carb, it really helps. They say abs are made in the kitchen and I believe its true! but it takes determination with exercise and nutrition
    Good luck!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Hi, congrats on your goal weight! I was trying to loose my post baby belly pooch and I found that doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, Jillian Michaels' 6 pack in 6 weeks and running has made mine drastically reduce! I have loads of compliments on my flat stomach :) xx

I agree! My baby buddah is getting much smaller by doing the above!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you...I'm having the same problem! I'm just going to continue to eat right and keep my exercises varied with strength and cardio...I guess it just takes time.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I have the same problem and was JUST wondering, earlier today, how in the world I was EVER going to get rid of that particular pouch (I call it a pouch...since it used to have a baby in it...lol. Just sounds less negative to me than the word pooch ;)

I also like the phrase "Baby Buddah" that PrincessKitte uses... :smile:
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    Just keep going! It will work itself out. I still have some, but it is getting smaller, so I'm fine with it.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this yet bc I'm not at the point where I think I can without dying...
    http://kayciesantics.blogspot.com/2012/03/300-ultimate-ab-and-core-challenge_22.html

300 ab moves every day for 30 days.

And found this too...
    http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/255086766363906488_BPQ7EJxb.jpg
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, also genetic (my mom was 95 lbs with a tummy pooch when she got married). The only time I had a really FLAT stomach -- with visible obliques!!! -- was when I cut out alcohol and sugar, including fruit, and limited my grains (only brown rice, black beans, or oatmeal) to 1 small serving per day. I was also doing a lot of ab work but I am confident it was the food.

It's not the kind of eating I can personally sustain, but it was fine to do it for 3-4 weeks to have a perfect bikini body for Vegas! Once I reintroduced alcohol and was less careful about sugars, my pooch came back. Whoops.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    oh and of course....The Britney Spears circa 2000 workout.

http://itstheskinny.tumblr.com/britneyspears
  • ccmccoy09
    Options
    oh and of course....The Britney Spears circa 2000 workout.

http://itstheskinny.tumblr.com/britneyspears

OOOOH THIS IS TOTALLY GOING TO BE MY JUNE CHALLENGE!!! Who wants to join me?

Yes I know June's halfway over. :) I'm a late starter.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Aside from keeping up your cardio and eating correctly, try this stretch twice a day:

http://woldfitness.com/2011/07/one-exercise-to-end-lower-belly-pooch/
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Aside from keeping up your cardio and eating correctly, try this stretch twice a day:

Website doesn't work :(
  • whiskey03
    whiskey03 Posts: 1
    Options
    My yoga instructor suggesting working on tucking in the tail bone. That will allign the muscles.
    I've been working on keeping my tailbone rolled forward and I can see an immediate improvement!
  • ccmccoy09
    Options

Website doesn't work :(

I don't know how I got there, but I google searched it and it took me there.

Spoiler alert: It's a hip flexor stretch!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Sorry the site isn't working guys! But yes, it is a hip flexor stretch.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I was JUST going to post asking about this! Did you alternate the 2 programs? I think that's what I am going to do. I have the annoying spayed cat stomach and want to work on it!
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone so much for the feedback! I'm a fruit fiend so I will try to eat more veggies maybe that will help. i mean it's a tiny pooch but it bothers me....I also bloat after I eat anything...no matter what it is or how much....i don't know how to fix that either...maybe my abs are too weak
  • little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I was JUST going to post asking about this! Did you alternate the 2 programs? I think that's what I am going to do. I have the annoying spayed cat stomach and want to work on it!

Hi, I started on the 30 DS for the first week for 6 days a week, then I introduced 6 pack in 6 weeks 4 days a week. After about 4 weeks, I introduced running into the mix!

I have 1.5 weeks until my half marathon(been concentrating on running this past month), but I can't wait to get back to 6 pack in 6 weeks! I am also gonna start ripped in 30 as well!xx