When you CHOOSE a salad ON PURPOSE

Options
just amused at the idea that I walk over to the fridge to make lunch

and a big ol' salad sounds YUMMY to me.........

and I am eating it because I WANT one, not because I HAVE to in order to lose weight.

Now, if that isn't a NSV (Non Scale Victory) I don't know what is...........

Just want to encourage all the I RESENT SALAD people out there...........

I was there.........I'm a CONVERT now!:laugh:

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Curse you rabbit food...i'll take the soup or fruit
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's true. The longer you eat better, healthy food just sounds better. Not that I wouldn't kill for a plate of hot wings and a cold beer, but grilled chicken and veggies makes me feel better!

Congrats on your change of thinking!
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    I love salads, if i dont eat at least two a day i crave it there r sooo many different things u can put in it.. mmmmm im going to go make one now
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed salads, I just didn't make the healthiest choices about toppings most of the time.

There is local place here in town that make THE BEST salads with grilled chicken. Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots.. so very refreshing and filling.

I have it with a little honey mustard on the side.. it is delish!
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Yesterday while in town my husband texted me to ask me to bring back something to eat for lunch.

I brought back two salads - they're called "Halle Berry" salads made with blueberries, strawberries, wanuts, feta cheese and homemade raspberry vinaigrette. DELICIOUS!!! He opened his little styrofoam container like a kid on Christmas only to see this SALAD staring him back in the face. Oh, green leafy demons....

He ditched the vinaigrette and substituted ranch instead - but after about 5 bites he could be heard to mumble...."mmmm...so good...." under his breath!

While I don't recall my exact moment such as the one you have discribed, I do enjoy salads now - and love to spread the love!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i don't mind side salads, but i am not a "main dish salad" kinda girl. it happens on occasion though, and makes my hubby wonder what happened to his real wife... :laugh:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I am a big *kitten* salad lover! If I go a day or two without one..I crave them! I have always loved salad...and always will. I like them with tons of stuff added...and homemade dressing, not the store bought crap.:smile:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like a big salad, usually with some chicken or tuna, and some beans. Just lettuce doesn't cut it.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Personally, I love salads. Anyone who knows me from when I was skinny knows I ordered salads when eating out as often as I ordered anything else.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    duplicate post sorry
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I resent salads because people always ask me at restaurants "can't you just order a salad," or I end up ordering a salad because it's the only thing on the menu that I can order (and then half the time they put cheese on it, even when cheese isn't listed on the menu). My resentment only goes so far though, I actually do like salad, and I'm eating one right now (kale, chickpeas, and pumpkin seeds).
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Today I didn't have a salad for lunch but I do pretty much all of the other days. I put loads of healthy stuff in it and usually ends up being approx 500 calories. Besides the greens and veggies I use cheese, tuna, avocado, soy nuts, chickpeas, egg........sometimes all of them sometimes only a few, depends what I have handy. And I use olive oil and apple cidar vinegar homemade dressing. It's really good and VERY filling :)
    Options
    just amused at the idea that I walk over to the fridge to make lunch

and a big ol' salad sounds YUMMY to me.........

and I am eating it because I WANT one, not because I HAVE to in order to lose weight.

Now, if that isn't a NSV (Non Scale Victory) I don't know what is...........

Just want to encourage all the I RESENT SALAD people out there...........

I was there.........I'm a CONVERT now!:laugh:

BTW, Mine today was a FULL MEAL, but I go EASY on the dressing, still prefer low fat dressings and stir it in well.

I have light sodium/cal/carb bread that I simply toast and add- my version of croutons.

Butter lettuces, spinach, green & yellow peppers, tomatoes, 1/2 apple, low fat blue cheese OR feta, and 2 oz cooked chicken.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yup! Salad used to make me gag. I turned up my nose at most things green. Then this strange thing happened and I started liking it. Now.., I have a salad every day. And its a big happy bowl of all thd food groups mixed together. Nomnomnom. Off to the fridge!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I even ate salads when I was 344. I like them... Just like to have a little something to go with it as well.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've always loved salads, but definitely go through lazy spells where I just don't feel like making one. My body doesn't put up with it for long, and before I know it I am craving one!
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    But you have to make your salad at home... Going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love salads! As long as there is a variety of veggies to put on them and some kind of protein, I'm good with them.
    I change dressings up every other day so they dont get boring. Bring on the rabbit food! LOL
    Options
    But you have to make your salad at home... Going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug!

:laugh: Wow, profound. :heart: the analogy
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I love salads. I always have. I can remember my mother calling me a salad monster. nom nom nom